Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

abelianization
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 8:12 am

We take it in turns to post a photograph.

It can be a photo of anything at all, though preferably it should actually be a real photo.

The next poster should explain why the previous photo is clearly fake, pointing out whatever "clues" they like, then post a photo of their own.

Here's the starting image:

Last edited by abelianization on 27 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 8:23 am

The tallest building and the smaller tower to its right - there seems to be an incongruency between their spatial relationship and the reflection of the smaller tower onto the larger.

?

Hillingar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Oct 2013, 9:31 am

the reflections on the tallest building? they seem wrong to me, but I wouldn't say it's clearly fake. It took me 2-3 minutes and still I'm not sure

If it's a fake, it's a good one

abelianization
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 12:19 pm

That's the new World Trade Centre tower. When I first saw that picture, I assumed it was an artist's impression, it looked so perfect. But apparently, that's the real thing.

Who wants to post the next photo? It can be real or fake, but preferably it should be a real photo that we can then "find" incongruous details in.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2013, 12:22 pm

Post why you think this photo is fake and then post a photo of your own. If you please. :lol:

abelianization
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

Cunning, but the sky isn't real; there's no way you could really see that much detail.

This photo is definitely real:

P.S. I changed the title from "Why the above photo is fake" to "Why the previous photo is fake", to make it a little clearer what this is about.