Page 7 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:48 pm

mgran wrote:
They were probably thinking of their daughter's honour... the last thing you'd want in the seventies would be the case to fail in court (as it almost certainly would) and all the neighbours to know what had happened, and label the victim a whore. In those days the rape victim's identity was not protected, and she would have had her business known to all and sundry. Even if she'd won everyone she knew would know what had happened, and most of them would have thought she'd asked for it. Given the poor treatment of women back then I think they did the right thing.

You're absolutely right. I should have had more facts before making any opinions.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:07 pm

It's okay. Thank goodness that society has improved to the point where you could think as you did... after all, nowadays I think a parent should act in the way you suggested. It is possible now to get justice, which is a bloody good thing.

Having said which, I didn't take my case to court, because I was so ashamed, and in retrospect I should nailed him to the wall.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:25 pm

I was shocked to hear what my grandparents did but my mom explained it to me about their religion and they thought they were going to be disowned and all and I was told to not ever bring that story up to them.

I don't know know how they feel about it now or if they regret it or think they could have done something different. All I know it after that, it messed my aunt up and it lead to depression and other problems then followed by PTSD when she had her first baby and then she was drugged by her husband because she had post partum depression and then it lead to schizophrenia because of the drugs. Her husband drugegd her because she was crying all the time and he couldn't take it so his bike friends gave him drugs telling him they help his wife so he gave them to her for her to take. Then she started to hallucinate. Now she has severe schizophrenia because she quit taking her medicine thinking she didn't need them anymore so her illness get worse. She lives in a group home now and her husband divorced her like in 1988 because he couldn't take her illness and now she has grand kids and her ex husband died.

My mom said the rape started it all, not the abortion and I can see her point. If the rape never happened, the abortion wouldn't have happened.

Also what is sad is sometimes when a woman or teen gets raped, she takes the guy to court and he gets put away and she has a bad stigma because not everyone believed the man did it so they thought she made it all up for attention or for revenge.

Last edited by League_Girl on 13 Jun 2010, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:27 pm

mgran wrote:
It's okay. Thank goodness that society has improved to the point where you could think as you did... after all, nowadays I think a parent should act in the way you suggested. It is possible now to get justice, which is a bloody good thing.

Having said which, I didn't take my case to court, because I was so ashamed, and in retrospect I should nailed him to the wall.

Hmm. Indeed.
Could you still? Or is it way too late?

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:46 pm

It's twenty years ago. I don't think I could meet the burden of proof.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 4:01 pm

Mmmm, right. :(
Oh well. At least it's over.

dagdred
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2010, 12:12 pm

At eighteen on a weekend in a large county jail, like a prison, oral sex on cellmates after threat, then turned out for intercourse. First gay sex on both counts.

First long term live as couple at age 47, for six years. Reason? Which comes first? Life is long, but blame is useless. Understanding is the gift of time hope faith.

Privacy is better than sharing, to find another make little of the event or of the effects.

pinkdoughnut
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2010, 5:16 pm

Did I already post here?

Neurotypicals. Early integration. Public school. Yeeeeah I've been sexually assaulted.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 8:21 pm

When I was 4, I was raped by an 10 year old boy. This same boy raped me again and sodomized me when I was 7. He was 13. My life is what it is. I often think of how far I would have gotten in life if this didn't happen or if life would be better or worse. I have no way on knowing. The worse part was that I got no sympathy from my family. My mother was very nonchalant and said in about two days the pain would be gone from my rectum. I hated her for this. My father raped me at 15. No one cared. To this day, no one will acknowledge what happened to me and my mother never believed me when I told her about my father. She said I had a filthy mouth. She threatened to stab me in my tongue. I'm close to fifty and I still suffer psychologically. I haven't spoken to my parents in years - how could I anyway?

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 4:21 pm

That's terrible. :(. It's stupid how in denial people get.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 10:38 pm

I was molested at an early age by different people, but if I was actually raped, I don't remember it. IWhen I lost my "virginity" concentually, There was no hymen to speak of...I never understood what the hymen could possibly be,..it was only something I had read about...
There was the older brother of the little boy who lived down the street who sorta used me as a guinea pig to coach his younger brother about the female anatomy...I was stripped down in a cardboard box and "examined"...
There was the time that a different teenaged boy pinned me down under this house and tried to rape me, but he didn't penetrate except maybe with his fingers...
I had a family friend attempt to molest me, but I woke up as he was hovering over me, and he had messed with my privates a bit, and i think he was messing with his...and I freaked out and ran into my mom's room and ended up sleeping in the same bed with her for several years....

It it hard to describe the ways in which those experiences messed with me, except that they never went away..

I have not mentioned all that I can recall..

I was also in a "statuatory rape" situation for a few years..I was not mature enough to be involved in a sexual relationship, and did not feel as though I had any rights...so I was sorta frequently bullied or manipulated into sex that was rather pleasureless and purely for his gratification with no regard for mine...My partner was an NT who I dated for several years..and I had a hard time communicating with him, and it never occurred to him that it was a bad situation for me...but I had a whole lot of guilt and hangups and did not know how to get out of it...I convinced myself that it was my "duty" to be in this relationship...

Hello
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jun 2010, 5:07 pm

numb

marynewport
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jul 2010, 2:45 pm

My experience has been, how do I keep this as calm as possible? The guy was huge in every way and had hauled me into the wood where he was banging my head against a pine tree and smashed my back against rocks. He ran awy and it took everything I had to stumble away the opposite direction.
I will never walk at night again.
I moved into a senior community wher I can safely take a walk.
How did I feel? Absolute terror. What will happen next?
Rape is not a crime of passion. It is a violent crime.
Thank you for wanting to know. Most people just change the subject. Neurotypical lack of empathy.
Plus,in Arizona there are no public funds for counselling. So I just let the whole thing just wash away. Fortunately, time is healing. Me, along with the antibiotics that healed the 2 venerial diseases he gave me. Now, 6 mos later, here comes the hiv test.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 4:59 pm

That sounds awful and disgusting. I'm glad it's over. And I'll pray the tests come back negative.

Invincible
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

Rape isn't just about power Tim. Rape is a malicious act of sexual violence (aka sexual assault) and it's the worst thing that can happen to anyone whether female or male.

Sadly, there is no single conclusive theory for a person to rape another person.