Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 5:28 am

Verizon just sent me a bill notice for a cell account I closed 3 months ago for 398$.

I payed my last bill 3 months ago when I closed it, and logging into my account showed no bill due and no phone/device on it for 3 months. Now when I login, all the information is back as if I have the number(which is no longer mine as I brought the number with me to the carrier I switched to and then later changed it), and the phone I had(which is in a box somewhere unpowered with no sim card in it).

I don't get this. I haven't signed up for service again. I received no notice of a bill till yesterday by email from my last one 3 months ago. I thought it was a scam at first, but I went straight to the website instead of clicking the link and there it is that I show 398$ when I log into the account. I'm thinking they never actually cancelled it correctly. Like the employee in retention I talked to assumed her part was done and it was seemingly cancelled but they found a mistake and uncancelled it. The account did show up cancelled for 2+ months in between then and now. I don't have any of the paperwork I kept that's accessible. It's all in boxes that I've yet to go through since I just moved over the weekend.

I really don't have time to call verizon, but I now have to. I can't afford a 398$ bill right now. I feel they're going to stick me with the money and I have to re-cancel it.

Why is all this bad stuff happening in my life? Four weekends in a row. First both my cars fail, my brother gets stupid hurt, my grandmother ends in the hospital, a friend turned into a b***h and became unfriendly, I injured my knee again, and then I proceed to unintentionally hurt myself quite a bit while moving much more than I thought I had and my mood stabilizer decided to stop stabilizing my moods over the last few days.... and now this 398$ phone bill. WTF!! !! !

My Blog
Deviantart Page

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 5:49 am

Now I'm pissed. I just tried calling Verizon. They list the time the line is open from 6am till 11pm every day of the week(It says it right on the website for the customer service number I called). It's after 6am here. I call, and it tries to get me to pay a bill instead of talking to someone, and then finally I get it to put me to a live human and it says that the hours are 7am to 10pm monday through friday and it hangs up on me. WTF!! !

This is why I ditched Verizon and cancelled with them. These are the problems I and others in my family had before. Craptastic customer service.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 6:27 am

Called again, and got someone. She checked it out, transferred me to someone else who checked it out, and then said she'd call me back once she made changes to the account. She didn't explain what those would be, other than she had to do it. I hope I wasn't given the runaround and just blown off.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 7:41 am

I now cannot log into the verizon website under the account. So hopefully this means that they cancelled the account... I don't know. Last time I cancelled I could still login but it showed no plans/phones. No call back yet to inform me of what was done, but I hope this is a good thing.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2014, 4:19 pm

There are 2 ways to deal with Hellsarisin: Don't do business with them in the first place, and file a complaint with your state's Public Utilities Commission. Why do you think Verizon is commonly referred to as Hellsarisin?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

27 Jun 2014, 8:28 pm

They lost a ton of customers in the last 3 months. over 250,000. Narcissistic corporate unethical behavior, and projection transference and control is the best way I can describe them. I left them over a year ago. Total gamers. Get out while you still can.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 3:57 pm

I'm sorry to hear that this company have been screwing you about, especially when you've had a lot of other things to deal with as well.
:( I hope you don't end up having to pay their scammerific bill.