Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

skydancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2015, 9:41 am

Are there any aspie females that have separate living spaces from your spouse? My husband also has autism, yet is affected by it very differently than me. Due to my issues with time management it can make our home a little chaotic which frustrates him. We also have very limited space in the small home in which we live. There is actually not enough room for our stuff & our 13 year old daughter. We all share one closet for example. If anyone has insight into this, please let me know.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 8:10 pm

it is cost prohibitive :(

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2015, 8:55 pm

It would certainly be cheaper to rent a bigger place with enough closets for everybody than to set up two separate households. It's relaxing to fantasize about living alone and having complete control over your space, but it would probably be the end of your marriage.

skydancer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 May 2015, 9:14 pm

I know. I can't afford a place and would have to be given one by taking a travel position which is readily available to me anywhere in the US & abroad with twice the money I can make here as I am in a medical profession with doctoral degree. We pay nothing for where we live now as he literally built it. Now what would you do? It actually would triple our income for me to live else where & be completely tax free. Also I would only have to work 6 months out of the year. Now what would you do?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 3:30 am

I would much prefer to be married to somebody I could escape from for six months or the year, but does your husband?
More importantly, how will this affect your child?