Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

patientsortoffire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2008, 10:46 pm

Bella, I'm the son of a single teenage mom and never knew my bio-dad. If you do choose to have the kid and be a mom, you'll have one hell of best friend to grow up with. Best of luck, no matter what you decide to do.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 12:24 am

That's nice to know but my daughter has AS and ADHD and she can be really difficult. I was looking after her but she become too violent and now she is in foster care. She is staying over on Wednesday so she can be here for xmas and for when Santa comes :) Thats what I told her but she screwed up her nose. I don't think she beleives in Santa anymore. I have bought her heaps of presents.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 2:07 pm

I am sorry you are in a situation right now that you do not wish to be in. Hopefully you can prevent this from happening again in the future, but for now, you need to figure out what to do. And none of us here can really tell you, except I will say that there are many couples out there who would love to raise and cherish the baby inside you, and it would be a great gift to them for you to carry the baby and give it up. Hard for you, absolutely, I know that is asking a lot. But it would be a lovely thing to do. Think about it, OK?

I hope you have a nice Christmas with your daughter. Enjoy the time you have with her. Life isn't easy. It just isn't.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 5:17 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
That's nice to know but my daughter has AS and ADHD and she can be really difficult. I was looking after her but she become too violent and now she is in foster care. She is staying over on Wednesday so she can be here for xmas and for when Santa comes :) Thats what I told her but she screwed up her nose. I don't think she beleives in Santa anymore. I have bought her heaps of presents.

Did you believe in Santa when you had your eleven year old daughter at twelve years old?
How tramatic for you!
Merle

tigerlady
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Dec 2008, 5:54 pm

You need to get counseling for you and your daughter! You have a lifetime, with this child and need to learn how to deal with her! Maybe you should also look at your parenting style. Sometimes, you have to change and grow-up as well. to be a parent. Find out if you are with child, and then explore, your choices! Where were your parents,when you were a 12 yr old mom! That seems pretty illegal to me!

Good luck and hope you have a good support of family and friends!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2008, 6:24 pm

tigerlady wrote:
You need to get counseling for you and your daughter! You have a lifetime, with this child and need to learn how to deal with her! Maybe you should also look at your parenting style. Sometimes, you have to change and grow-up as well. to be a parent. Find out if you are with child, and then explore, your choices! Where were your parents,when you were a 12 yr old mom! That seems pretty illegal to me!

sorry, I just had to chuckle about the legality of a pregnant twelve year old being the biggest issue.

Merle

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Dec 2008, 12:46 am

tigerlady wrote:
Where were your parents,when you were a 12 yr old mom! That seems pretty illegal to me!

Kids generally don't check with their parents before they have sex...

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2008, 11:20 pm

Well, if you decide to get an abortion, I recommend the RU486. It was like having a crampy period. I'll always feel badly about the one I had, but it pretty much had to be done. If you want to PM me, you can.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 12:31 am

Thanks, I found out they do it at the hospital under anethsetic so I won't be awake and they suck it out, nice :?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 1:31 am

well, its only a bun, baking in the oven.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 4:57 pm

I wish it was just a bun :x

tigerlady
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2008, 7:57 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
tigerlady wrote:

sorry, I just had to chuckle about the legality of a pregnant twelve year old being the biggest issue.

Merle

I am sorry, Where I live , most 12 yrs are not pregnant at that age. I was unfortunely was wondering if she was assaulted in some way. That has occurred to someone close to me. She didn't become pregnant at that very young age.
I hope you have friends and family that you, can also get support from!
Good luck in any decision you make!

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2008, 10:49 pm

BellaDonna wrote:
I wish it was just a bun :x

no doubt! :x

I was under age and pregnant back in the late 1960's before it was anything more than marry someone or be ran out of town, tarred and feathered, on a rail. I ran before the rail caught up with me. I hitchhiked across the country while I carried her to term and when she was born she was adopted right out of the hospital by a state agency. That was my choice, even in the late 60's you could get what they call a " D and C" before much of the abortion issue or even the birth control pill was widespread. At least not in Wichita, Kansas. I have never regretted my choice. Matter of fact sometimes I look back at it as amazingly selfless and wise and I can hardly believe it would be something I would have done.
and making choices like that is the only way I can live with myself, so the answer for me was easy. I don't envy you your choices, Bella Donna.

Merle

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 5:49 am

I am curious, how did that happen to you?

Worry not, you won't be misjudged or looked down on.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2008, 5:58 am

tigerlady wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
tigerlady wrote:

Merle

I am sorry, Where I live , most 12 yrs are not pregnant at that age. I was unfortunely was wondering if she was assaulted in some way. That has occurred to someone close to me. She didn't become pregnant at that very young age.
I hope you have friends and family that you, can also get support from!
Good luck in any decision you make!

maybe difference in society there but I know plenty of very young moms ( like beginning teenage years) its not a thing on the parents in most cases but it is hard for a teenager to take care of a child. Besides putting a chasity belt theres not much you can do to stop a teenager from having sex. When my first ex lied and said she miscarried my child I was 14 myself.