Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

WanderingSoul
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2010, 3:15 am

yeah, life sucks too.

mundane routine, yada,yada,yada................I need a holiday!

Beggar_Man
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2010, 11:21 am

I've been saying this alot recently. I thought moving to a new city would give me the boost, but no. Same thing every day, I keep finding myself avoiding situations where I might meet anyone of value and then I spend ages regretting I missed the chance. I'm very bored and I've had enough of just sitting in front of the computer or tv, alone. But whenever I put myself in another situation- work, social, even with my family- all I can think of is how much I want to be back alone in my own space again! Am I my own worst enemy, or what? :D

Dizzeh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jun 2010, 1:57 pm

That period of time between interests for me is a horrible feeling. I tend to just be paralyzed in what I can do and motivate myself for during that time. Depression certainly plays a part in that aspect, but without an interest that I can get enjoyment from my life has no real meaning.

Thankfully at this time I can begin to see the fog clearing from the depression and have found a renewed passion in learning about myself and finding my niche in life. The recent AS diagnosis I originally saw as a curse has now taken the form of a renewed understanding of my own life and actions; I believe I can use this time to finally find direction and purpose. There is still a lull in an obsessively engaging interest, but I have hope that I will find it soon. :)

ADHDorASDorBoth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jun 2010, 11:03 am

I stay at home for up to 4 days at a time and I'm too apathetic to be bothered.

Amajanshi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2010, 3:43 pm

I'm not so much bored as having too many things to do, and not knowing where to start, hence procrastinating a bit. The boredom disappears when I'm hyperfocusing on a task though, like reading a novel.

Kuma
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2010, 6:42 pm

I know you have heard this many times...I can't stress this enough. Exercise is so important. 45 min to 1 hr., if aerobic in nature, every day to every other day. Your spirits will soar as well as your energy levels. You will desire everything more. Try to set your sights on a public half or full marathon. Just make your first goal to be able to run without stopping once (with a base of proper training first). Don't worry about times. Research how to train. Do it. With increased energy and mood, you will become more outgoing. Exercise / sports when I was young changed my life. I used to be so uncoordinated that I couldn't run in a straight line. I would always go in a circle to the left. I had to compensate by heading off to the right so I could end up where I wanted to go. I felt betrayed by my body because, besides general uncoordination (I still have no real fine coordination), I wet the bed until puberty and I had a series of tics. First physical and then verbal too. I started exercising and my gross motor skills developed to very good levels. With that, my mood,energy levels, and confidence started to soar.

Life is too short, and far too beautiful not to experience fully. Challenge yourself physically and intellectually every day. Start out small and build up. Once you experience success, your motivation builds and it becomes an endless cycle of positive reinforcement. Your body, and mind, deteriorate if not stressed. Many people are situationally depressed. If you sit around with no aspirations, you feel boredom and depression...of course. Experiment with music, writing...anything creative. Physical exercise will amplify the positive experience of those. You will think more clearly and you will feel calm of body. I can tolerate NOISE a whole lot better when I am fit.

Think of what you wish to be and research the steps to get there. Work towards that goal everyday.

Addiction is not a bad word if you develop a positive addiction. Once you build to levels that are advanced, your hormones will rise, and you will feel so young and vibrant. Don't give in to depression. Work your way through and beyond it. You will greatly broaden your horizons, I promise you.

Facebook: Shiroi Tora

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 2:02 am

Kuma wrote:
Life is too short, and far too beautiful not to experience fully. Challenge yourself physically and intellectually every day. Start out small and build up. Once you experience success, your motivation builds and it becomes an endless cycle of positive reinforcement.

BS.

The "rah-rah" idiots would have you believe that if you made a million dollars last year then you should aim for two million this year.

The "rah-rah" idiots would have you believe that not only can you make millions a year but you should spend more time with your family and spend more time doing public service.

You should be healthy, wealthy and wise and have six pack abs and run marathons at the age of fifty.

Guess what? I ain't Superman and neither are you. I just can't do that and neither can any human being on the face of the earth.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2010, 8:45 pm

I'm a very upbeat person, but life is exasperating. I was thinking of setting up my 10 gallon aquarium tonight and then drowning myself in it...but how embarrassing would that be? hehehehe. :roll:

Equilibrium
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2010, 5:23 pm

Kuma wrote:
I know you have heard this many times...I can't stress this enough. Exercise is so important. 45 min to 1 hr., if aerobic in nature, every day to every other day. Your spirits will soar as well as your energy levels. You will desire everything more. Try to set your sights on a public half or full marathon. Just make your first goal to be able to run without stopping once (with a base of proper training first). Don't worry about times. Research how to train. Do it. With increased energy and mood, you will become more outgoing. Exercise / sports when I was young changed my life. I used to be so uncoordinated that I couldn't run in a straight line. I would always go in a circle to the left. I had to compensate by heading off to the right so I could end up where I wanted to go. I felt betrayed by my body because, besides general uncoordination (I still have no real fine coordination), I wet the bed until puberty and I had a series of tics. First physical and then verbal too. I started exercising and my gross motor skills developed to very good levels. With that, my mood,energy levels, and confidence started to soar.

Life is too short, and far too beautiful not to experience fully. Challenge yourself physically and intellectually every day. Start out small and build up. Once you experience success, your motivation builds and it becomes an endless cycle of positive reinforcement. Your body, and mind, deteriorate if not stressed. Many people are situationally depressed. If you sit around with no aspirations, you feel boredom and depression...of course. Experiment with music, writing...anything creative. Physical exercise will amplify the positive experience of those. You will think more clearly and you will feel calm of body. I can tolerate NOISE a whole lot better when I am fit.

Think of what you wish to be and research the steps to get there. Work towards that goal everyday.

This is so true. Regular exercise has had a really positive effect on my life. Unfortunatly when life gets tough and you get out of the routine its hard to get back into it, but you've reminded me of the benifit..........thanks!

Addiction is not a bad word if you develop a positive addiction. Once you build to levels that are advanced, your hormones will rise, and you will feel so young and vibrant. Don't give in to depression. Work your way through and beyond it. You will greatly broaden your horizons, I promise you.

Kuma
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Sep 2010, 6:33 am

Wombat wrote:
Kuma wrote:
Life is too short, and far too beautiful not to experience fully. Challenge yourself physically and intellectually every day. Start out small and build up. Once you experience success, your motivation builds and it becomes an endless cycle of positive reinforcement.

BS.

The "rah-rah" idiots would have you believe that if you made a million dollars last year then you should aim for two million this year.

The "rah-rah" idiots would have you believe that not only can you make millions a year but you should spend more time with your family and spend more time doing public service.

You should be healthy, wealthy and wise and have six pack abs and run marathons at the age of fifty.

Guess what? I ain't Superman and neither are you. I just can't do that and neither can any human being on the face of the earth.

Ah...wombat....you could do it.....were you not such a wimpbat! :wink: Just playing....millions do every other day or so. Even the elderly....especially the elderly. It has nothing to do with being a superman....it just rakes a little free time and some sensible build up to those levels.

Facebook: Shiroi Tora

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Sep 2010, 4:39 am

In a sense, yes. My life is pretty routine, which I don't mind. But I am even getting bored with my special interests, which upsets me. I used to be so into what I do, and I just can't get as excited about it anymore. Maybe its because I am getting older, or maybe I have done what I do so often that I am tired of it . I need a break, or I will lose my mind.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2010, 9:31 am

I've basically been bored with life since I was about twelve. In fact, I think my primary function in life is to constantly struggle to maintain interest. I'm pretty sure it's why I move around so much, and to such "extreme" locations.

LususNaturae
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2010, 9:11 pm

:-(

Spam-I-Am
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2010, 2:42 am

BornToDie wrote:
i keep trying. it is a roller coaster for me. i have no friends to speak of. i belong to a few social groups but have little interest in socializing with them. they are NTs who are mostly overweight, slovenly, dull, and of average or slightly below average intelligence with little interest in having any intellectual conversation or doing any even moderately physically challenging activities.

it seems to me most NTs would rather avoid any intellectually stimulating conversations in social settings. i would rather avoid mundane conversations which have little practical purpose. i guess that's part of being an aspie.

i did go to an HFA support group once but it seems their idea of "high functioning" means IQ of 70 to 80. what a joke!

I have kind of noticed this too. It is sometimes hard to find people who are willing to carry on an intelligent conversation. I think this happens because your mind is like a muscle, and some people inevitably never exercise their minds. As a result, their minds become lazy and fat. It becomes too hard for them to think, so as a result they find it easier for others to think for them. Even though these people may be frustrating to be around at times, we are infinitely better off they they are. We don't have to be the sheep that follow each other off a cliff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"You are never completely worthless; you can always go down as a really bad example."

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 10:35 am

Bored?

No upset with myself :(

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2010, 4:34 am

more than bored. sometimes when i put myself into bed, i can remember getting out of that same bed in the morning and it feels like 10 mns ago.and i think wow, that's another day of my life i didn't see happen at all. it's kind of depressing to see death coming to you day after day and feel like nothing will happen before your life is over.......