Page 3 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2008, 6:21 pm

From other people, they say I look like my age, but I think I look younger. But my childlike voice is what what gives away my younger age.

sanndr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Nov 2008, 8:35 pm

I'm 32; most people think i'm between 25 and 28.

Up until my 24th, whenever i went to get a new buscard i was asked if i wanted to adult or the teen-card.

Three months ago when i went into the bus, i was asked if i had a highschool-discount card when i wanted to pay for the ticket to the place i was going to.

(My mom had me when she was 21. Up until i was 9, people thought her to be my big sister).

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2008, 8:59 pm

MomofTom wrote:
Last week confirmed that I do look like a teenager at times. I was with my husband when an elderly man stopped us to compliment my husband on "what a beautiful daughter you have". :lol:

It also just occurred to me that I am the older one in the marriage. 8O

:lol:

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 1 Observatree Close, Pointless Forest, Low Countries

27 Nov 2008, 8:06 am

KaliMa wrote:
i'm 47 and i was recently told i look like i'm in my early 20s. this was said by a 28 year old ...

... NT young man, i am afraid to ask...

may your god forgive you

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:18 am

Nebx wrote:
19, I look like i'm 14...
Gimme facial hair!

ooooh, i was always sooo late with all things physical

rather plummy as well, made me look girlish to the normal world -
but that was late sixties, seventies - those were the aspic days, my friend -
no wonder AS was not recognized, aspicity was normal in my circles

btw: there was a lot of phphpfffurriness then, afghan coats &all

and i, according to my mum, looked like Louis XIV of France

(i actually looked much more like wazzit Flo or wazzit Eddy)
(these days somewhat Beanish, which offends the Blackadder in me)

may your god forgive you

oblio
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2008, 8:31 am

tahloola wrote:
I look like a teenager who stuck her finger in a "light-socket".

now i get the avatar

btw, i have indeed always looked considerably younger than my calenderage; but that's just looks

when young kid felt older, wiser (was)
when adolescent more or less par but smarter&wiser (was)
sort of got stuck there: post-adolescence

but always also that ancient-old alone feeling to mix it up
after a really bad morethanacouple of years feeling either old but rather agelessly spiralling downward,
presently my average age would be around forty, and downing again

yessssss!

may your god forgive you

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2008, 3:34 pm

I can past for an 18 year old.

augenfalter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Dec 2008, 9:28 pm

Yes, I'm 22 and look 12 to some people. There should be a law against people coming around and glaring you in the face, demanding to know "how young do you have to be to work at ________ (your place of employment) because you look really young." One time, I said, "ten," as I work in retail. They were so surprised they ran out of the store.

Samara
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2008, 12:49 am

Its interesting that people think I am younger now I am older because when I was younger they thought I was older. At 13 people thought I was 16 and at 15 people thought I was 18 and I was always allowed into the night clubs. Some anyway. At one I was a regular except they knew I was underage.

vivinator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Dec 2008, 11:08 pm

ironically I was above average in height I think at least up until hs. now i'm a bit below average in height. got hairy pretty quickly. I'm of East Indian descent :lol: got a receding hairline early and it got noticeably worse when I was 22. I think my face still says college, at least while shaved. I can't grow a full mustache or beard. lol I grew a mini mustache early in middle school.

-HL Mencken

-as of now official dx is ADHD (inattentive type) but said ADD (314.00) on the dx paper, PDD-NOS and was told looks like I have NLD

ferret
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Dec 2008, 6:37 pm

I'm 31 but it's not unusual for people to mistake me for an 18 year old (personally, I think that's ridiculous.) I used to think it was funny, but now it's just annoying, especially at work. I was a store manager in my last job (my deputy was 60) and was constantly getting talked down to by customers, or even ignored... often referred to as "the young girl". I started a new job a few months ago and I've had to tell people my age over and over again, they're always shocked. I'm never sure whether it's because I look so young or I seem totally incompetent or immature. Grr.

I don't know if it's damaged my love life too... If men think I'm a kid, what chance do I have? Also, I reckon I must look pretty rough for my supposed age so I often feel out of sorts.

And then, there's the bloody spotty herberts that refuse to sell me alcohol because I've lost my I.D. Don't get me started on them... :evil:

BastetsEye
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2008, 6:54 pm

I don't know if I always look like a teenager (I don't think so), but this summer I was mistaken for a 15 year old (I was 23 at time), and just recently I wasn't able to buy cigarettes for my mum as I needed ID (guy looked younger than me personally, but whatever...).

My dad's been getting me in as child prices since I got to old to be. At my 21st birthday I got into the london dungeon on a childs ticket. And this year a Circus Attendent asked how old I was (my mind went blank from so many years of my dad drilling me on the correct date to give to get child price, and also being stunned that I was asked, I couldn't remember myself whether I was 22, 23, or 24, I gave the true answer but I said it very questioningly, as I wasn't sure!)

Alerion42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2008, 8:31 am

I thought I answered this already, but it was on a different thread. Anywhoo, I usualy get early to mid twenties (I'm 30 btw.) But I could pass for 17 if I tried. When I was 19 I kept getting passed up for a manager position at my work, because they thought I was under age. At that age I looked from around 14 up to a young 16. When I started High School most thought I looked like I should be in middle school, even though I was older than most of my classmates having been held back a year.

So, anyway, I've always looked young.

rogerharris
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Dec 2008, 7:45 am

I'm 41 and can pass for late 20's. When i was 21 i looked like 16. My girlfriend also aspies look like 16 yet is nearly 21. There is some research that neoteny is linked to mental disorders like aspergers.

The author of neoteny theory has linked it to autism, and says he has recieved positive review from simon baron cohen (autism expert)

http://www.serpentfd.org/

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 3:42 am

I'm 34 and look about ten years younger than that. But I think in my case it may also be genetic: my mother also looks at least that much younger than she actually is, and my father is one of those people where it's hard to guess their age. He could really be any age within a twenty year span.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 6:53 pm

I used to look like a teenager up until my mid twenties when I got hooked on drugs and then I mostly looked like crap until I was around 30 and then I looked like I was about 40 until I cleaned up and then I looked almost normal until I got old and then I looked like crap again.