Page 32 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 38  Next

AndrewtheFiddler
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Apr 2014, 1:08 am

What is your first name? Andrew

When did you discover AS? Actually HFA, when I was 7

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Disgraphia, dispraxia, communication disability, ADHD

Do you have a degree? Working on a Bachelor of Music

Favorite music, other than NIN Laughing : Metal, classical, rock, fiddle.

Job? Student

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Don't get along with girls

Plans for the future? Working as a music therapist for autistic children

QuidditchChick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

What is your first name? Blank for paranoia purposes

Location: midwest but moving to the Los Angeles area this summer

When did you discover AS? 2009 when I read an article on the topic

Do you have other psych diagnoses? PTSD

Do you have a degree? Yes, BA in archaeology though I have never worked in the field

Kids? No, thinking about it

Favorite music: Rock and roll, Beach Boys, Dean Martin

Job? Federal employee (HR) until the end of the week, then unemployed until we get to Los Angeles and I get a new job.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Married for nearly 5 years

Plans for the future? Move, possibly start a family, get an official diagnosis so I might be able to learn coping skills

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I may be addicted to In-N-Out Burger.

lunaseesstars
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm

What is your first name? Vixy

Current perseverations: i'm sorry i don't understand what this means *dyslexia fail*

When did you discover AS? 10 years ago but only in the past 2 months have i recognised that I am on the spectrum

Do you have other psych diagnoses? bi-polar disorder, anxiety

Do you have a degree? No, and not for the lack of trying or wanting on. i'm not built for the academic world :?

Kids? I love kids and would like to have them in the future

Favorite music, i have an eclectic taste in music but i do favour rock

Job? none, yet again not for the lack of trying or wanting one. :(

Relationship with significant other, past or present? married 2 years :)

Plans for the future? ugh, this is a hard one. i'm currently feeling pretty lost in myself and dont seem to have a direction yet

Anything else you feel is pertinent: um... nothing for the moment

Differentialform
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2014, 3:53 pm

What is your first name? Simon

When did you discover AS? 2010

Do you have a degree? Master of Science

Favorite music: Classical music and jazz

Job? PhD student and teaching assistant

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I am single.

Plans for the future? Finishing my PhD, finding a nice job and a lovely woman to spend my life with.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: I enjoy riding my bicycle very much.

Loghorn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2014, 10:09 pm

What is your first name? Garland

When did you discover AS? When I was in my near 30's; I thought I had a learning disability back when I was a child

Do you have other psych diagnoses? No

Do you have a degree? Just a diploma

Kids? None

Favorite music: Just about anything, what matters is if they sound good to my ears

Job? None at the moment

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I'm still single

Plans for the future? Hoping to live on my own soon

Anything else you feel is pertinent: N/A

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Dec 2014, 10:41 pm

Current perseverations: thought/speech ticks, hand flapping and/or rocking when stressed

When did you discover AS? I was watching Parenthood and Max reminded me of my childhood

Do you have other psych diagnoses? no

Do you have a degree? no, I didn't see a good ROI

Kids? no, but maybe one day

Favorite music: mostly folk

Job? Legal assistant

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Divorced, no relationship longer than 3 months since

Plans for the future? Buying a house is my dream

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 9:47 am

Hi! Welcome to the Planet! :)

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Dec 2014, 8:12 pm

Thanks!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

KAOS
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2014, 12:42 pm

What is your first name?
Won't answer that.

Current perseverations:

I'm not sure what counts as perseveration. Occupations? Well, at the moment, discovering what about myself is a symptom for ASD and what isn't.

When did you discover AS?
I knew about AS before, but I didn't know much about it and had the common misconcepts like "those people lack emotions, they don't feel for others, and they don't have a desire for friendship".
Like idlewild, I started watching Parenthood in October or November this year, and Max reminded me of myself as a child (I did never flap my hands like that, though, and also I look at other people's faces, but it made me think). It took a few weeks for me do think about it, to learn more about AS and re-discover myself. For only about a week I have been completely sure I'm a pretty typical Aspie.

Do you have other psych diagnoses?
Oh, yes... Depressions, mostly, for many years. And then I got some more diagnoses that don't really seem to picture me. I guess, none of the professionals I went to could figure out what was really going on with me, so they tried to find something that matches roughly.

Do you have a degree?
Yes, a German IHK-degree as a mechatronics technician. Not comparable to any US-degree, I think. It's a totally different educational system.

Kids?
No. I want to have kids, but I wouldn't have been ready for it until now.

Favorite music, other than NIN :lol:
Music of very different genres. An all-time favourite is still Queen. I fell in love with them at age 12, and still love them. :D

Job?
Mechatronics technician at a university, behavioural research. I build prototypes for test setups. Part-time, that's important. I couldn't work fulltime.

Relationship with significant other, past or present?
Yep. :D I have been with my partner for three years, and I still think he's the best person I could ever find! I hope this won't fade and we will stay together for a long, long time! He is so understanding and wonderful. We can talk about everything and support each other.
Before him I had several relationships that didn't work out at all. I had a hard time learning to communicate better and to tolerate things I don't totally like about the other person. It's still not easy sometimes, but it works.

Plans for the future?
Having a child! I feel I'm ready for it now, and well, I'm turning 33 this month, so I should hurry up. ;) When I get pregnant, I'm planning to get some assistance with the baby, because I'm afraid it might be too much stress - and in no way I would want to be as bad as a parent as my parents were!

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:30 am

What is your first name? Dariel Blakemore

Current perseverations: Music theory studies, working, reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, obsessively playing Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and just started playing Shin Megami Tensei IV

When did you discover AS? I've known about Asperger Syndrome for a while now, but I'm not sure if I'm on the spectrum or just a really odd individual.

Do you have other psych diagnoses? I have bouts of depression and an obnoxiously short attention span. Other than that, I'm mostly well-adjusted.

Do you have a degree? Nope. Not yet, anyway.

Kids? Hahahahahahahahaha...

Favorite music, other than NIN: I listen to the Ape Escape OST more than the average person should.

Job? I work as a clerk in a secondhand media store. It's a cool gig.

Relationship with significant other, past or present? I've only had two relationships and they were a number of years ago. Neither lasted more than 3 months. Not currently looking for anything as dating other 20-somethings is f*****g stupid.

Plans for the future? Further my education, become successful as an audio engineer, eventually place in a Smash tournament and have a stable life.

Anything else you feel is pertinent: Oh, I'm a homosexual heathen.

Lnb1771

20 Feb 2015, 1:43 pm

MsTriste wrote:
Can this be stickied, please?

Of couse you may leave any question blank :)

What is your first name?
Current perseverations:
When did you discover AS?
Do you have other psych diagnoses?
Do you have a degree?
Kids?
Favorite music, other than NIN :lol:
Job?
Relationship with significant other, past or present?
Plans for the future?
Anything else you feel is pertinent:

Lydia
Houston, TX
Love shiny things like holographic- oh I guess that's more of a stim than a perseveration. Have been fascinated with codes/cryptography as a child. I used to try and get my friends to write notes in code. They weren't nearly as interested in it as I was. LoL
Age 3
Bipolar
Ph.D.
2 kids
Electronic dance music, alternative rock, anything but country really
Pizza delivery
Was married to a man, now in a committed relationship with a woman
Want to learn web design
Was in Lovaas' Young Autism Project and was one of the 47% "recovered" kids

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2015, 10:38 am

What is your first name? Liz
Location: Somewhere on the caribbean, living the good life (some weekends anyways)
Current perseverations: sexual behaviour, motivation, expression; the human mind and how it works, why we do what we do; money making ideas; origami.
When did you discover AS? a couple of months ago. Diagnosis pending (due to lack of funding. Sucks to be poor :lol: )
Do you have other psych diagnoses? High levels of stress and anxiety (enough to cause mild cardiac issues)
Do you have a degree? BBA. Soon a MA in logistics and SCM, and next year another MA in Public Investment Management. I'm a freak like that 8) .
Kids? Nah.
Favorite music: depends on my mood. Can go anywhere from VSQ to EDM, with the occational pop hit here and there. I'm in love with Popera, but it makes me depressed hahah.
Job? Yes. Office work, dealing with people, managing events... complete hell.
Relationship with significant other, past or present? I... have had one? Sometime along my life? A couple non-significant mistakes with young guys not smart enough to 'get' me, and the real thing with a man that's now my best friend.
Plans for the future? Survive. Get diagnosed. Escape debt :skull:
Anything else you feel is pertinent: I'm extremely curious, probably too much for my age. Like why is this post 'dino' style? :P

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 11:26 am

Dino style= the oldfashioned, slow detail-after-detail way.

Welcome to the Planet, lyzpg! :D

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

Jensen wrote:
Dino style= the oldfashioned, slow detail-after-detail way.

Welcome to the Planet, lyzpg! :D

Ooh, that's why

Thanks! :)

SandraB1436
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Apr 2015, 11:46 am

What is your first name?
Sandy

Current perseverations: The Walking Dead, Scuba diving, gardening, reading anything by Brandon Sanderson

When did you discover AS? A couple of months ago

Do you have other psych diagnoses? Depression and Anxiety

Do you have a degree? B.A. in Anthropology

Kids? A son, 10. He lives with his dad.

Favorite music, other than NIN
Lots of 80's alternative music, like Joy Division, Killing Joke, XTC, Echo & the Bunnymen, New Order. I'm amused about the NIN comment because On the Downward Spiral is a top ten favorite album.

Job? Software Developer

Relationship with significant other, past or present? Recently divorced. It was amicable and I'm still friends with my ex, who has moved on and is dating someone else. Having said that it still feels like there's a harpoon in my chest.

Plans for the future? Do more diving (for those who aren't afraid of the ocean - it's great! All that pressure feels reassuring and no one can talk to you), more reading, more gardening. I'm looking forward to the day I no longer hurt from the divorce and can be happy (or at least not care) for my ex and his girlfriend.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm

Hi, Sandy! Welcome to the planet! :D

Your description of the diving experience made me think of "The Big Blue".