Page 6 of 17 [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 9:26 am

I look like a teenager because I am a teenager :lol:
I get told I look older and younger at the same time :? On my 14th birthday my grandad told me I could pass as 16 but I look no older than 12

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 9:30 am

Yes unfortunately :evil: When I was about to enter a bus recently the driver asked if I should have reduced price(like for youngsters) when I was about to pay. I always feel this as offending because Im 34 years old!!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2009, 9:32 am

xalepax wrote:
Yes unfortunately :evil: When I was about to enter a bus recently the driver asked if I should have reduced price(like for youngsters) when I was about to pay. I always feel this as offending because Im 34 years old!!

I'd be flattered if that was me lol. You should pretend you're younger and pay less for the bus that's what I would do :wink:

Vulcan613
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Mar 2009, 2:20 pm

I'm in my 60s but still perceived as much younger than I am. I was carded in bars well into my 30s.

ButtCoffee
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Mar 2009, 7:20 pm

no, but i comb the high schools every other day looking for girls

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Mar 2009, 10:48 pm

well people still think im a teenager but im 18 and people think im 16 or maybe younger not sure cuz alot of people think my sister is older than me.

little-bird
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Apr 2009, 4:15 am

yes. i look like i am between 18-22. but i'm 33.

redplanet
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2009, 5:52 am

I'm in my 30s but would still pass for a schoolgirl, perhaps 15-16 8O

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2009, 8:14 pm

Even though I'm tall and usually have facial hair sometimes when I buy alcohol the clerk will look at me and ask in patronizing way if I'm old enough to buy it. I've heard I look 15. I'm 22.

BeavisNZ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Apr 2009, 5:14 am

Sometimes when I get on the bus I get a child's fare instead of an adults.

Eos
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Apr 2009, 6:47 pm

Ugh. I was waitressing when I was 26, and this couple asked me when I would be done high school. :roll:

I'm 36 now, and people still treat me like I'm in my twenties and guess my age to be around 25. It's not as bad as people thinking I'm still a teenager. You should see when I'm out with my 17-year-old son. People look at us sooo weirdly. He's really tall, and I'm really short. Don't know how he got so tall!

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2009, 11:07 pm

I still frequently get mistaken for a teenager. I work at a group home for teenage girls, and when I first started the other staff who didn't know me would yell at me and say "where are you supposed to be?" When new girls come in, they are always surprised to learn I'm staff and not a resident.

When I was 23 and picking up kids from a middle school every day, a lady at the school mistook me for a student!

I think I still have a young mentality as well. I mature every year, but I'm still behind my 25-year-old peers.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2009, 8:12 am

I'm 55,have full blond hair,a bit of gray hair on my chest,
i'm muscly and thin and though i usually very depressed and angry most people mistake me for 35 old

perhaps the phenomena of AS looking much younger than their age is worthy subject for serious research as it might lead to the identification of the specific genes that makes us different from the NT,
my guess we can find differences in genes that control the "inner clock" which also can explain our different sense of space and why our expectations and needs are so different from the general public
"social skills" is not' and never was, a scientific term as this skills, contrary to what most stupid NT professional think, are very time defendant and constantly and rapidly changing

Dee_
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2009, 2:40 am

I have ahd comments from people that knew me a long time that it varies with how my hair is and how much or little facial hair I have.

Clean shaven and short hair, I look like a teenager. Hair on the longer side with a beard and moustache, I look like I am in my 40's or early to mid 50's.

I got carded last year buying a bottle of booze when I was clean shaven with my hair was up in a ponytail under a hat, so it looked like I had short hair...

Raikai
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2009, 3:30 pm

I hope so - cause I am! :lol: :lol:

Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 12:47 pm

I'm 22, but most people think I'm 16-18, when I'm underweight their guess of my age usually goes down (e.g. 14).

I had the hardest time convincing this year's classmates that i was in fact 22 haha (they we're all 16-17 and would not believe my age until I showed them my passport).