Page 6 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 9:56 am

because of the evidence presented to me against scripture like how certain books of the bible were written up to 400 years after the death of christ.

I just think of myself as a freethinker and not bound to what any book tells me how to live or who to love.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 9:57 am

graemephillips wrote:
Yeah, some people will always be pedantic given half a chance.

i can not contribute realistically to this thread so i said what i could.

you will try to capitalize on my simplicity and use me to elevate yourself to the level of a savior. you are a parasite upon my weakness, and that is not a trophy to be proud of.

belladonna: i just played with words and i had no concept of you when i did it.
i am sorry and i will think better in future.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2009, 10:01 am

b9 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
Yeah, some people will always be pedantic given half a chance.

i can not contribute realistically to this thread so i said what i could.

you will try to capitalize on my simplicity and use me to elevate yourself to the level of a savior. you are a parasite upon my weakness, and that is not a trophy to be proud of.

belladaonna: i just played with words and i had no concept of you when i did it.
i am sorry and i will think better in future.

I have no desire to elevate myself to the level of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have no desire to elevate myself by criticising irrelevant remarks and simply feel that if people have nothing to say on an issue, then they should simply post a comment in another area of the forum where they are better able to offer useful suggestions.

Although maybe the whole Cheriegate property scandal could have been avoided if she had simply gotten her jollies by sitting on a washing machine.

Last edited by graemephillips on 13 Feb 2009, 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 10:03 am

digger1 wrote:
thanks by the way for a very stimulating argument!

And I thank you, sir.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 10:18 am

graemephillips wrote:
[I have no desire to elevate myself to the level of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have no desire to elevate myself by criticising irrelevant remarks and simply feel that if people have nothing to say on an issue, then they should simply post a comment in another area of the forum where they are better able to offer useful suggestions.

well you have not any hold on the steering wheel of life.
you are the one that has caused this little clash you pontificating person.
you are the one that has magnified my stupid comment and you should desist if you really wish to protect this thread from angst.

you seem like a glazed eyed religious person so i will not promote you to a seizure.

i was only going to post that one silly thing and you come along and cause grief and problems.
go away from me and i will not post in this thread again.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2009, 10:34 am

b9 wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
[I have no desire to elevate myself to the level of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. I have no desire to elevate myself by criticising irrelevant remarks and simply feel that if people have nothing to say on an issue, then they should simply post a comment in another area of the forum where they are better able to offer useful suggestions.

well you have not any hold on the steering wheel of life.
you are the one that has caused this little clash you pontificating person.
you are the one that has magnified my stupid comment and you should desist if you really wish to protect this thread from angst.

you seem like a glazed eyed religious person so i will not promote you to a seizure.

i was only going to post that one silly thing and you come along and cause grief and problems.
go away from me and i will not post in this thread again.

Gladly.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 12:12 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Does it matter why?

Yes it does. If anyone were to join a religion due to peer pressure or wanting to belong or something along those lines - it would be a poor reason. The OP has since stated that she's researching becoming a christian (rather than the original title which declared she was becoming one) which is a good thing. If you're going to join a group that defines its members' moral compass, it's a good idea to find out what definitions of morality the group uses.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2009, 12:49 pm

t0 wrote:
slowmutant wrote:
Does it matter why?

Yes it does. If anyone were to join a religion due to peer pressure or wanting to belong or something along those lines - it would be a poor reason. The OP has since stated that she's researching becoming a christian (rather than the original title which declared she was becoming one) which is a good thing. If you're going to join a group that defines its members' moral compass, it's a good idea to find out what definitions of morality the group uses.

I would probably recommend a thorough reading of the scriptures for finding this out, because sometimes people mistake individual denominations' religious doctrines for what the scriptures actually say.

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2009, 1:33 pm

Averick wrote:
graemephillips wrote:
Love is not bad and is strongly advocated by Christianity. However, it is a different thing to homosexuality.

How so?

I am thinking about the different types of love that exist. The one I was referring to in the first sentence was the one referring to one's neighbour. It is different to say romantic love.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 3:43 pm

Love can exist within homosexuality. It's called homosexual love. Or is love just love, regardless of sex or gender or whatever?

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 5:32 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Good for you! :D You ought to join the Catholic Church. It'll take awhile to get used to, but it's very nice.

The Catholics go against the Bible. I would not recommend Catholicism.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 5:42 pm

Greyhound wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Good for you! :D You ought to join the Catholic Church. It'll take awhile to get used to, but it's very nice.

The Catholics go against the Bible.

Compared to whom?

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Greyhound wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

The Catholics go against the Bible.

Compared to whom?

Who said I was caomparing them with anyone?

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 6:11 pm

What is your point of reference for Catholicism going "against" the Bible. Whose Bible? Whose idea of "against?" Speak, man!

graemephillips
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2009, 6:23 pm

slowmutant wrote:
Love can exist within homosexuality. It's called homosexual love. Or is love just love, regardless of sex or gender or whatever?

No, the scriptures are completely clear on the subject of homosexuality in both the Old and New Testaments, contrary to the lies spread by some liberals that homosexuality is only opposed in the Old Testament. There are many passages that disprove this liberal lie, including Romans 1. The Bible is in favour of neighbourly and brotherly love, but is not in favour of homosexual love.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2009, 6:51 pm

graemephillips wrote:
slowmutant wrote:

No, the scriptures are completely clear on the subject of homosexuality in both the Old and New Testaments, contrary to the lies spread by some liberals that homosexuality is only opposed in the Old Testament. There are many passages that disprove this liberal lie, including Romans 1. The Bible is in favour of neighbourly and brotherly love, but is not in favour of homosexual love.

I don't disagree with you there. Not entirely.