Page 1 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:38 am

Mine was, embarassingly enough, Ted Nugent.

I was a clueless aspie, along for the ride. I hated the arena concept, all these kids at night running around and smelling of alcohol and pot, and the music was way too loud and it sucked.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:44 am

echo and the bunnymen 1988ish, they were very loud, i got crushed in the mosh pit and had to move towards the back. they played paint it black for one of the encores.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:45 am

I forgot to put the year. It would have been 1978.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:55 am

oh teg nugent, with the big moustache, yeah now i remember.

i can't remember the first. i just don't have that kind of memory. i'll have to think. wouldve been late 70's. i know i saw KC and the sunshine band and Little Feat fairly early on in my concert going career, but not sure if they were the first. they were both good. i think we used to sneak in, like under the wire or one person would pay for a ticket and we'd forge the wrist stamp.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:04 am

Belinda Carlisle.
I was about 13 or so. Standing up concert with a friend. Loved the singer, hated the crowds.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:06 am

PP, does that mean you saw Little Feat with the original band members?

8O

I love that band.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:18 am

dunno. probably, lowell george? i wasn't a big fan, one of my friends had a record which i borrowed, i could see lowell george was kinda cute and i liked the songs, 'willing' was one i remember, some good songs there. we used to sneak in so you'd go to anything.

how many incarnations did they have. i only know lowell george died. didn't follow the bands history. they were quality but not really my thing.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:10 am

Bon Jovi, Wembley Stadium in 1995. It was the last concert to be held there before the stadium was knocked down to make way for the new Wembley. And it was absolutely amazing - it was three hours of almost non-stop music.

I think the support band was Ugly Kid Joe, but I can't sure...

Mescalero
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2007, 6:19 am

The Jam, Glasgow Apollo 1978. Support were The Dickies and Patrick Fitzgerald. The Jam were amazing, terrific sound for a 3 piece.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:46 am

I THINK that Peter Gabriel was my first concert.
But I'm not sure.

I remember seeing the Platters, towards the
end of their career, and that was definitely earlier,
but it was in a pretty small venue.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2007, 7:08 am

TheTubes, Aprilor May? 15, 1978 , The Palladium New York C.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:18 am

the tubes. can you refresh my memory. i think i used to have a flatmate who had tubes records. was it 'don't touch me there'

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:35 am

I was a hayseed rube in topeka, kansas, I was 18 years old, 6 months preggers and had walked out on a day pass of the mental institution my parents had finally committed me to, met some folks that were on their way to a little Art and Music fair in Bethel, New York and hitched a ride.
we didn't know when we arrived and had to walk miles to the makeshift stage in the farm pasture because all the roads were closed that we finally got to Woodstock, and were half a million strong and everywhere was the song and the celebration.
I developed kidney stones and was going in and out of labor when I was passing them but I remember, when I heard richie havens break a guitar string and spent forever trying to tune up on the stage, that I was amazed that along with everything else, there was going to be music, too!

it was my first live concert, and all the rest I have been to have paled in comparison.

Merle

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 May 2007, 7:50 am

Peter Frampton (I was obsessed with the man), '77, Rochester War Memorial. Stupid little me wanted to be as close as possible to the stage, didn't realize the horrors that awaited...Packed tight like sardines, screaming, pushing, shoving idiots who used the angel wing sleeves of my tube top-like shirt to wipe their disgusting, sweaty faces. :evil: Seriously. Bad. Experience.

--Edgar Allan Poe

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:56 am

That would be The Young Rascals, about 66 would be my guess. Saw them at Iona State, near New York. My next one is the one Merle mentions above, only I wasn't pregnant, just stoned.

Last edited by postpaleo on 05 May 2007, 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:57 am

I cannot see the future, thankfully.

My psychic wants me to go to one, '...ok, you'll hold my hand...right, and you'll also administer the tranquilizer when I start kicking the band…right?’ :roll: