Ok so how does the term 'subset thinkers' ring to you folks.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Are you sick in your body with the extreem senses?
Everythig you are about to read will be bull 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Everything is bull 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I am a bull (taurus? sable?) sables arent bulls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I love milk and drink life. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I Dont want to answer Any more Questions 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I Dont Like answering polls 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I would rather answer than read the question 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The authour of this poll has terrible punctuation and spelling 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
I know what your doing 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The poll must go on 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
I will not answer this question 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 8

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2009, 7:45 am

No more doubt No questions. know to much already. Got it
mind is limited. Over complicated in sorta a multi abstraction: each source of information, contextualized, and dissected, until it will fit in a sorta stereo type grouping , while it all becomes in printed to provide myself a certain simile of normalcy. each context perceived as an emotional imprint that becomes cataloged for my greater understandings of what and how etc. All of which takes energy and time and is not efficient. when NTs did this all in a micro moment (less the moment). before they even blinked. So instead of being genius we are Sub set thinkers I think. Do you like this way of looking at it.

Note this has been edited since people responded. They do not necessarily agree with what I have here.

:idea: I have the confidence of understanding. :idea: i think

Really the Poll title is a bad stinker. booooooo

And This was a little excessive

And I don't think the term subset anything has any place any where, any more.

I wish I could remove this post.

Last edited by bigblock on 18 Jan 2009, 1:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jan 2009, 9:46 am

Welcome to WP!

While you are still figuring it out, you might want to give the Aspie Quiz a try: http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

drowbot0181
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 12:13 pm

Hey, I seem to be in about the same situation as you. I "discovered" Asperger's a couple months ago and although I haven't been officially diagnosed, I'm about 99% certain I have it. I'm 28, btw.

bigblock wrote:
The wikipedia description is me minus any extreem rain man style stuff. It is clear to me that everything is there...the rest was so me I was shocked and began sobbing.

I did the EXACT same thing when I read the Wikipedia entry.

bigblock wrote:
Do we all catalog huge quantities of useless information (Car stats,) and details on every little thing, useless details. My camera model number (cx170) like why do I know these useless things. Stacks of information that I bore people with and not stop untill i notice and am embarrassed, But sure enough, five minuites later I am doing it again.

I do things like this, too. I used to memorize tables of useless data, like the process size, speed, number of transitors, etc. for every CPU ever manufactured by Intel or AMD. And I frequently subject my wife to long rants about some obscure thing I've found interest in and can't stop until I'm done. I've learned to supress the urge with other people, though (mostly).
bigblock wrote:
Is spent 6 months laying under my wifes vw removing every last speck of rust with a dremmel.

I periodically take my computer COMPLETELY apart, even the steel skeleton of the case, and clean it with q-tips and alcohol. =]

bigblock wrote:
I have suffered a life of rejection and became mean and progressively more awkward in public. So by being an mean blunt person at least gave the rejection a reason I could understand better. I knew I wasn't impressing anyone with all the details but I find it almost impossible to drop it until I have gone over the entire list encoded in my over stuffed head.

I've been through the same things and I've become kind of a self-described ass, myself. :) And as far as encoded list thing, I do that, too. I'm a computer nerd so I always describe it as have large rants "saved" in my brain waiting to be interjected in to conversation at the first opportunity. Unfortunately, I'm usually wrong about when to start unloading my rants and all I get in return are blank stares... :/

bigblock wrote:
If I am an aspie than are we normal some how?

We are here. :)
bigblock wrote:
Can we get along better with each other?

I haven't figured that one out yet.
bigblock wrote:
Do You feel its a gift that people envy or a flaw that people mock or both?

The majority of non-Aspies, at least in my experience, seem to see it as a flaw, although that is in no way a blanket statement. And in the short time I've been on this site, it seems there is a majority of Apsies that view it as a gift, for the most part, or at the very least wouldn't want to change who they are. But there is a healthy mix of both viewpoints, I think. I'm in the former camp, personally.

bigblock wrote:
I hope I am on track cause i wasn't hoping for excuses for being an ass but it looks like if im an aspie maby there are real reasons for my ways.

I've had that same thought, that it might seem I'm just looking for excuses. But for me, it's been about figuring out who I am and why.

Anyway, welcome!. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 12:39 pm

Welcome to WP!

bigblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2009, 9:47 pm

I have been trying to delete it might just try some more now, might delete this. :?