Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 4:27 pm

Odin wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:
Vaccines are usually only 50-70% effective

Big fat lie.

any ineffectiveness in something as serious as a vaccine is concerning. And they are NOT 100% effective.

There is also false sense of security with vaccines as permanent immunity can not always be relied upon.

I'm always amused by the number of people who run out and get the flu vaccine every year without realizing that they are only given one strain of any number of possible strains. Not to mention most of them strangely contract the flu just days after receiving the injection... Image

I wonder how many of the pro-vaxing people here rush to their doctor's offices the moment they get a sniffle and ask for antibiotics.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

Sora wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:
Vaccines are usually only 50-70% effective as well, so if everyone's getting vaccinated - or even half a population - then how are people meant to get it young and prevent problems from getting it older? Kids won't be getting it, adults will, and then there's going to be big problems and an increase in shingles and the probs that come with having it older.

I do think that currently children are the main cause if chicken pox spreads. I do not believe that adults overall have a huge impact on how chicken pox spreads. I know that those with shingles can spread chicken pox, but I also think these people usually keep away from children. (Naturally, by their age. This does not apply if they're also parents of course.)

And as an adult, chicken pox is actually a problematic disease. That's why we all root for children getting chicken pox right? So that they won't catch it as adults, when it isn't an as unproblematic disease as it was in childhood.

That's how my grandma knew it from her childhood. I'm really suprised that this is perfectly accurate.

Totally, that's exactly right - it's a childhood disease and you should get it in childhood. I've actually never heard of an adult with chicken pox, though I'm sure a few exist. In New Zealand we'll often still take a child to play with infected children so that they do contract it young when it's safer. Everyone gets their natural immunity when they should get it, and there aren't any problems.

I've also never heard of anyone with any complications from it, and I'd never heard of shingles until I came across the US vaccine propaganda! I also don't know anyone who's not had chicken pox. So that should be saying something.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 5:35 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
I've also never heard of anyone with any complications from it, and I'd never heard of shingles until I came across the US vaccine propaganda! I also don't know anyone who's not had chicken pox. So that should be saying something.

I believe I had CP when I was four. It was rampant then (and this was in the eighties) in preschools and daycares and lower-level elementary. It was everywhere, but a rite of passage.

Because of the vaccine, CP is not so prevalent anymore. In the five and a half years that I have been a parent, I have only heard of one case of chicken pox "within range" of my kids. So, basically, the truly "brilliant" pharm people are ensuring the later prevalence of shingles.

So, about twenty years from now (give or take) you will see a surge of shingles in the post-1995 recipients of the vaccine.

Last edited by Jaded on 22 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 5:35 pm

I have the basic human right to be healthy.

People who refuse to vaccinate their kids not only infringe on my right, but their kids' rights as well.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 5:47 pm

Why? Because vaccines make you healthy? The human race has survived hundreds of thousands of years without them, I'm sure you'll be fine, dear...

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 5:50 pm

beau99 wrote:

People who refuse to vaccinate their kids not only infringe on my right, but their kids' rights as well.

Where are you getting this stuff???

it sounds like some kind of calendar with michael moore's daily affirmations on it Image

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 6:00 pm

Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

it sounds like some kind of calendar with michael moore's daily affirmations on it Image

Oh give me a f*****g break!

I'm sorry that you've been brainwashed by false propaganda.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 6:24 pm

beau99 wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Oh give me a f***ing break!

I'm sorry that you've been brainwashed by false propaganda.

Yes, I can almost hear the violins.

Have they come up with a vaccine to alleviate the effects of brainwashing yet? Image

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:25 pm

Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Quite a few people here think beau99 works for one of the big drug companies. Every post is pro-big pharma, pro-vaccine, pro-conventional medicine and strongly opposed to anything alternative. Never any evidence to support his views, just short one line BS attacks on anyone who doesn't support big-pharma. Evidence works as he will quietly slip away everytime he is proved wrong as he has no evidence to counter it.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:46 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
it's a childhood disease and you should get it in childhood.

Saying someone should get any infectious disease is disgusting ludditism, I don't care how mild the illness is. Even the common cold has a chance of killing you.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:50 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Why? Because vaccines make you healthy? The human race has survived hundreds of thousands of years without them, I'm sure you'll be fine, dear...

If there is an afterlife I hope you spend eternity being tortured by everyone who died from smallpox, TB, plague, etc. :evil:

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 8:51 pm

zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Quite a few people here think beau99 works for one of the big drug companies. Every post is pro-big pharma, pro-vaccine, pro-conventional medicine and strongly opposed to anything alternative. Never any evidence to support his views, just short one line BS attacks on anyone who doesn't support big-pharma. Evidence works as he will quietly slip away everytime he is proved wrong as he has no evidence to counter it.

Ad Hominem alert.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:18 pm

Odin wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:

If there is an afterlife I hope you spend eternity being tortured by everyone who died from smallpox, TB, plague, etc. :evil:

The context was chicken pox. Welcome back.

It would be unnatural for a M-class planet infested with humanoid life forms to not be afflicted with rotating plagues, pox, viruses, etc. Fiction is fun, but it has no bearing here.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:22 pm

zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

I would wager it's one of his parents who work for a pharm, if this has any truth behind it. He's displaying the attributes of someone who was relentlessly preached to.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:40 pm

zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Why the hell would anyone think I work for Big Pharma?

I have ZERO INCOME. I do not work. I CAN'T work.