beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:41 pm

Jaded wrote:
zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:
I have the basic human right to be healthy.

People who refuse to vaccinate their kids not only infringe on my right, but their kids' rights as well.

Where are you getting this stuff???

Quite a few people here think beau99 works for one of the big drug companies. Every post is pro-big pharma, pro-vaccine, pro-conventional medicine and strongly opposed to anything alternative. Never any evidence to support his views, just short one line BS attacks on anyone who doesn't support big-pharma. Evidence works as he will quietly slip away everytime he is proved wrong as he has no evidence to counter it.

I would wager it's one of his parents who work for a pharm, if this has any truth behind it. He's displaying the attributes of someone who was relentlessly preached to.

Oh please.

If my parents were drug reps, I'd be filthy rich by now.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:42 pm

Jaded wrote:
It would be unnatural for a M-class planet infested with humanoid life forms to not be afflicted with rotating plagues, pox, viruses, etc. Fiction is fun, but it has no bearing here.

Naturalistic fallacy. Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it ought to be so. People ought not to get sick. If that is "unnatural" I don't give a sh*t.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:44 pm

beau99 wrote:
Jaded wrote:
zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

People who refuse to vaccinate their kids not only infringe on my right, but their kids' rights as well.

Quite a few people here think beau99 works for one of the big drug companies. Every post is pro-big pharma, pro-vaccine, pro-conventional medicine and strongly opposed to anything alternative. Never any evidence to support his views, just short one line BS attacks on anyone who doesn't support big-pharma. Evidence works as he will quietly slip away everytime he is proved wrong as he has no evidence to counter it.

I would wager it's one of his parents who work for a pharm, if this has any truth behind it. He's displaying the attributes of someone who was relentlessly preached to.

Oh please.

Well, you're half right.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:45 pm

beau99 wrote:
Jaded wrote:
zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Oh please.

When people start attacking you instead of the facts that means they have no argument and are resorting to ad hominem character assassination. Don't let their desperation get to you.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:51 pm

Odin wrote:
Jaded wrote:
It would be unnatural for a M-class planet infested with humanoid life forms to not be afflicted with rotating plagues, pox, viruses, etc. Fiction is fun, but it has no bearing here.

Naturalistic fallacy. Just because something is a certain way doesn't mean it ought to be so. People ought not to get sick. If that is "unnatural" I don't give a sh*t.

On the contrary, it ought to be exactly the way it is. Our population is becoming exponentially larger by the minute, despite disease. It all serves to keep a population in check with it's environment. In fact, we're probably due for another decimating plague.

Maybe take it up with the ACLU.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:51 pm

Oh, and if anyone's wanting the complete truth about my views, read my damn blog once in a while.

I've posted several times that I'm not against alternative medicine and I've even bashed doctors who drug ADHD and autistic kids when they don't need to.

What I am against is quackery, dead theories and junk science.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:54 pm

Odin wrote:
When people start attacking you instead of the facts that means they have no argument and are resorting to ad hominem character assassination. Don't let their desperation get to you.

You just explained the last six pages of pro-vax gumflapping Image

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 9:56 pm

Jaded wrote:
Odin wrote:

You just explained the last six pages of pro-vax gumflapping Image

What the hell gives you the right to attack people here?

Jesus Christ on a cracker...

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 10:00 pm

Typical left-wing response. FREE SPEECH! Until we don't like what you have to say. Then you'll STFU.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 10:04 pm

Jaded wrote:
Typical left-wing response. FREE SPEECH! Until we don't like what you have to say. Then you'll STFU.

Attacking people isn't right, period.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2008, 10:11 pm

beau99 wrote:
Jaded wrote:

Attacking people isn't right, period.

oh, the horror.
red flag me Image

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:00 am

beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Why the hell would anyone think I work for Big Pharma?

I have ZERO INCOME. I do not work. I CAN'T work.

We have no way of knowing that but I believe you. I wasn't trying to attack you as Odin seemed to think. I used to wonder whether you may be a shill working for Big Pharma and I remember a few others wrote they thought that too. You write alot of one line replies that say "bullsh*t" or something like that to a bunch of anti-vaccine and alternative medicine posts which used to really annoy me. Your strong stance in support of vaccines, opposition to some alternative treatments, and refusal to consider evidence that opposes what you write makes people wonder.

beau99 wrote:
Oh, and if anyone's wanting the complete truth about my views, read my damn blog once in a while.

I've posted several times that I'm not against alternative medicine and I've even bashed doctors who drug ADHD and autistic kids when they don't need to.

I tried to read your blog. I got an error message saying "Blog not found
Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name proudautistic is available to register!"

You seem very convinced in what you belief but there is evidence, as I've posted several times, that other views might be correct. I'm against quackery also but some of what you consider quackery, dead theories or junk science may end up being proven to be true.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:08 am

Odin wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:
it's a childhood disease and you should get it in childhood.

Saying someone should get any infectious disease is disgusting ludditism, I don't care how mild the illness is. Even the common cold has a chance of killing you.

Some people believe that getting a mild infectious disease strengthens the immune system and protects against more serious diseases. If that's true, it may not be a good idea to try to avoid catching anything.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 12:11 am

zendell wrote:
beau99 wrote:
zendell wrote:
Jaded wrote:
beau99 wrote:

Why the hell would anyone think I work for Big Pharma?

I have ZERO INCOME. I do not work. I CAN'T work.

We have no way of knowing that but I believe you. I wasn't trying to attack you as Odin seemed to think. I used to wonder whether you may be a shill working for Big Pharma and I remember a few others wrote they thought that too. You write alot of one line replies that say "bullsh*t" or something like that to a bunch of anti-vaccine and alternative medicine posts which used to really annoy me. Your strong stance in support of vaccines, opposition to some alternative treatments, and refusal to consider evidence that opposes what you write makes people wonder.

beau99 wrote:

I tried to read your blog. I got an error message saying "Blog not found
Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name proudautistic is available to register!"

You seem very convinced in what you belief but there is evidence, as I've posted several times, that other views might be correct. I'm against quackery also but some of what you consider quackery, dead theories or junk science may end up being proven to be true.

Fair enough I guess, though I still disagree with you. You need to remember that, no matter what side of the debate you're on, everyone will be really passionate about what they believe.

My opinions can be swayed, but it takes a lot of convincing to do so. Nothing I've seen posted by you or anyone else is convincing enough.

About my blog: I changed the url a long time ago because idiots were spamming it. The current link in my signature is correct and should work.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:15 am

Jaded wrote:
Odin wrote:
Jaded wrote:

On the contrary, it ought to be exactly the way it is. Our population is becoming exponentially larger by the minute, despite disease. It all serves to keep a population in check with it's environment. In fact, we're probably due for another decimating plague.

This is a perfect example why I hate luddites. You are perfectly fine with diseases killing people because it part of the "natural order of things." :roll:

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:43 am

Odin wrote:
Jaded wrote:
Odin wrote:
Jaded wrote:

This is a perfect example why I hate luddites. You are perfectly fine with diseases killing people because it part of the "natural order of things." :roll:

I'm not against technology or technological advances. :?:

You're bitching about the "natural order of things", which I find highly illogical. But entertaining. I do hope you avoid antibiotics with this kind of delusional outlook.