Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

11 Oct 2008, 7:31 pm

GoddessofSnowandIce wrote:
MannyAck wrote:
Very informative and well rounded essay. Congrats!

Whilst you have discontinued your blog, have you considered writing a book (spare time permitting lol)? Not only do you clearly possess the capability, and are a high flying success story which in itself is very marketable, but you have an honesty and realism that people can easily interpret and relate to. Being gregarious, adept at blending perfectly in NT society, and being a leader rather than a follower, you would have absolutely no problem making the right contacts to enable finding an agent.

Lol here I am trying to give career advice when you hardly need it! I just think you have such a talent and would be an asset to AS awareness (did you notice all the double s's there? Is there such a thing as drunken hands syndrome?).

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to get a book published. Part of what would hold me back would be making that first phone call... 8O Maybe if enough people get on my case, I might just have the push that I need to pursue such an endeavor.

Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to me to know that people relate to not only my story, but are able to follow my writing style.

Lol I could hound you if you like? :twisted: I charge $.99 per hound. Basset ones usually.

But seriously, I've read several books and they're either very clinical or overly verbose, or the story seems to be too black and white (although I'm sure this could have as much to do with the editing than the person who wrote the book) to the point where it seems artificial even if it's truly genuine. Most people (i.e. not doctors, psychoanalysists, clinicians etc) can't relate to such verbosity or black and white accounts, even if they are really well written and from the heart. Yours is very well rounded and real, and you seem to be writing the same way as you would speak (even though you say it's often difficult to get the words out, which is exactly the same with me).

MannyAck
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2008, 7:32 pm

GoddessofSnowandIce wrote:
MannyAck wrote:
Very informative and well rounded essay. Congrats!

Whilst you have discontinued your blog, have you considered writing a book (spare time permitting lol)? Not only do you clearly possess the capability, and are a high flying success story which in itself is very marketable, but you have an honesty and realism that people can easily interpret and relate to. Being gregarious, adept at blending perfectly in NT society, and being a leader rather than a follower, you would have absolutely no problem making the right contacts to enable finding an agent.

Lol here I am trying to give career advice when you hardly need it! I just think you have such a talent and would be an asset to AS awareness (did you notice all the double s's there? Is there such a thing as drunken hands syndrome?).

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to get a book published. Part of what would hold me back would be making that first phone call... 8O Maybe if enough people get on my case, I might just have the push that I need to pursue such an endeavor.

Thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to me to know that people relate to not only my story, but are able to follow my writing style.

Lol I could hound you if you like? :twisted: I charge $.99 per hound. Basset ones usually.

But seriously, I've read several books and they're either very clinical or overly verbose, or the story seems to be too black and white (although I'm sure this could have as much to do with the editing than the person who wrote the book) to the point where it seems artificial even if it's truly genuine. Most people (i.e. not doctors, psychoanalysists, clinicians etc) can't relate to such verbosity or black and white accounts, even if they are really well written and from the heart. Yours is very well rounded and real, and you seem to be writing the same way as you would speak (even though you say it's often difficult to get the words out, which is exactly the same with me).

GoddessofSnowandIce
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2008, 11:16 pm

ProfessorX wrote:
I realise I'm terrible at making posts here however, I took my time to read this and thought that it really illustrated what an Aspergian is like in a most realistic manner.I've actually once been asked to describe Aspergers at this place which helps people in the Autistic Spectrum yet, I found it hard to make it simple enough to be understood but, comprehensive in form whereby, I don't look like an idiot..Anyways, much praise for your piece of work.. :) :arrow:

Thanks for your kind words. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I've been busier than usual lately. I'm also just getting over bronchitis. :pale:

When I first realized how many people responded so positively to this essay, I began to wonder if I shouldn't be writing more pieces like this one. The NTs who have read this said that they had never thought of AS like that, and my words illustrate for them better the way people like you and I think.

The problem with writing for me is I can't sit down in order to do the task of finishing a piece. I write my best when an inspiration comes to me and I run with it. This is why I doubt my ability to finish a larger scale project like a book, though I have contemplated it for awhile now.

Thank you again. I'm glad my writing helped you to describe in words what you already understand and live with every day.