Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

danieltaiwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2010, 12:24 am

Abortion and the death penalty must be decided on a case by case basis.

I feel that a woman should have a right to an abortion if there is a birth complication otherwise no.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 12:37 am

jimmister wrote:
Are they usually biased toward the disabled.

I kind of get the feeling sometimes that they only fight for the lives of those with disabilities to live, but not other lives.
I am not prolife. I am anti-eugenics.

Why? Because anti-eugenics are ret*d and will harm mankind.

Abortion should be banning after genetic screening. If a mother does not want to have a baby, she may just not do genetic screening (why would you do such thing if you want to have the baby?)

Eugenics are a much bigger problem than whatever garbage religious people would bring.

t0
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

discosizzle wrote:
There's really nothing ironic about it. Pro-lifers are AGAINST taking the life of an INNOCENT unborn child. Pro-death penalty are FOR punishing a person GUILTY of heinous CRIME. I always see this argument come up in the pro-life debate and don't understand how people can't tell the difference between the two.

It will continue to be an area of confusion until "pro-lifers" such as yourself decide on a more accurate name. Something like "pro-human-fetal-lifers". Some "pro-lifers" are actually "pro-human-lifers" in that they are also against the death penalty. Some eastern religions are completely "pro-life" in that they believe they shouldn't kill ANY life - be it mammal or plant or insect, born or unborn, etc.

So go pick a more accurate name for yourself. As it is, you're calling yourself something that is far beyond your level of accomplishment.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

Personally, I am not sure about what I feel about abortion. However, I believe that the right to abort should not be taken away from people because chances are that they'll find a way to do it (and it will probably endanger the woman). I don't like it when some pro-choice people think that disability is a good reason for abortion because I feel it is a tacit admission on their part that they don't value the disabled. However, like I said, I think the right should not be taken away from anyone to do so.

It's sad but all we can do is persuade people.

ChrisVulcan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2010, 6:07 pm

I think that most AS pro-lifers, or other pro-life types for that matter, are against abortion for anybody. If they seem biased in favor of disabled people, I think that it's because many people with AS have personally experienced being considered inferior. As a result, abortion of the disabled has a very personal meaning.

Watch Doctor Who!

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:21 pm

*shrug*

I'm AS and pro-choice.

I don't care if a fetus is "disabled" or not before it's aborted.

--XFG

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:48 pm

I think it'd be sad if a pre-natal test for autism was ever found and put into use, as many here probably think. But I'm also pro-choice. Aborting a fetus because of a possible disability (unless very severe) is different than aborting because you don't want the child regardless of disability.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:55 pm

buryuntime wrote:
I think it'd be sad if a pre-natal test for autism was ever found and put into use, as many here probably think. But I'm also pro-choice. Aborting a fetus because of a possible disability (unless very severe) is different than aborting because you don't want the child regardless of disability.

Agreed.

XFG

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2010, 12:00 am

I'm pro-life, but I think it's one of those issues that just isn't going to be resolved. As long as it stays the way it is, where partial birth abortions and 3rd trimester abortions remain illigal, our time and and money may be better spent elsewhere.

KateGladstone
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Aug 2010, 3:53 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
jimmister wrote:

I am anti-eugenics.

Why? Because anti-eugenics are ret*d

If you're anti-eugenics,
and if anti-eugenics = ret*d,
then .....................................

???

ducky9924
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2010, 7:28 pm

KateGladstone wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
jimmister wrote:

I am anti-eugenics.

Why? Because anti-eugenics are ret*d

If you're anti-eugenics,
and if anti-eugenics = ret*d,
then .....................................

???

wooooo there's a compelling arguement xD

Honestly what scares me about eugenics is the effect it'll have not just on our community, but on society in general. While we have our difficultys, we seem to play a important roll in society. It's the weirdos and odd balls that make changes in society. Most people tend to think the same couple ways about things. Aspies have a different way of viewing things, often noticing and thinking of things seemingly unimportant to the NT way of thinking. This is incredibally important to the survival of the human race. If we breed out everyone different, we're weakening our ability to solve the problems that face us as a species. Not to mention the biological hazards of eliminating genetic diversity.

It's the same reason our aqriculture is a ticking time bomb. If every a disease hits our wheat crops, it will kill them ALL, because unlike 50 years ago, all wheat is not genetically identical. The same is true for every major crop in America and most of the world.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 12:03 pm

I am a physician (not OB/Gyn, though) and my profession is integrally linked to the protection and preservation of life. But not, I hasten to add, the protection and preservation of life at all costs.

I lament the loss of life. But I am called upon to sign DNR orders, and I do so willingly. Even where I know that my skill or the skill of my colleagues might preserve a life for some additional time, I will always bow to the superior authority of the patient, secure in the knowledge that quality of life is always a more compelling value than quantity.

Now, I am perfectly well aware that embryos and foetus are in no position to express opinions about the quality and extent of their lives, and so they are inherently disadvantaged with respect to their mothers who can do so. But at the end of the day, it is not my role to be an advocate for anybody, born or unborn. It is my role to pass on as much knowledge and information as I can, and help a person arrive at a decision. Were I in a position to counsel a pregnant woman, I would share such knowledge as I have about risks, about opportunities, about irreversibility.

But in the end, I would subordinate my opinion to the decision of the only person who is in a position to take it.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:10 pm

I am Pro-Choice. However, I am NOT okay with abortion based on Autism pre-screenings.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2010, 9:33 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm Pro-Life for all unborn babies, whether they have a disability, or not.

This is my opinion too---very well said.

the_leezard
Butterfly
Butterfly

Location: near charlote, nc from charleston (chucktown) sc usa

11 Sep 2010, 7:19 pm

i hate how they call people who try and defend babies lifes and atack the murder mills called abortion clinics are seen as bad people and called murders. the definiotin of murder is the killing of someone with out justifyable cuase. that sonund like the scum who murder babies not the ones who try and protect them. if somone shot hitler no one who say hey you killed him now how are these jews gonna die. and in this atack on infent lifes you know who is the next "jews" in this genicide... yep the one who are called "disabeled" so if you think it hard now for an aspie imagine when there are much less becuase it is ok to murder a baby for any reason ............ P.s. to the person who said masterbation and minstrol cycle is murder those parts of conseption never came into contact but we are all entitled to our own belief.