Have you done something that is legal but not very honest

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 6:02 am

Have you done something that is legal but not entirely honest? :-)?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 140AAmudOi

Quote:
For example, I am Polish, I also have Asperger's Syndrome, it's a small cognitive disorder that does not make life difficult, besides I sometimes pissed off others, saying distasteful jokes or other stupid things ;-)

I have a disability certificate, that enables me to do certain benefits but also limits in some way, such as the need to be revealed, in some case, for example, if someone applied for driver license or pilot license, to have license to be a licensed security worker that enable to be security chief, please note in my country loot of people loot of disabled people work as security guard, but as ordinary guard or monitoring, but to be able to be something more the need to be licensed guard, but to be so they cannot be disabled, it may it sound discriminatory but it had sense
But according to our law, decisions about disability are usually issued for a few years and then need to be renewed

But many people who have a disability that does not concern motor organs or epilepsy, but diabetic, cardiological or psychosomatic issues, does such a thing that when their disability certificate ends, in the meantime, before they ask for a new one, they do it themselves the rights of the licensed security guard, and then about renewing their disability certificate, because our lawmakers did so that the disabled person can not be a licensed security worker, but the person who was already licensed at the moment when he still did not have a valid current disability certificate ..
Update: would still remain a licensed security officer, one of my friend urging me to apply to be a regular security guard, because it's the very frriendly job for people with disabilities, and employer get benefits for hiring disabled, and while my disability certificate end I could in meantime do an exam to be "professional licensed guard" and than replay for disability certificate so I would win and employer too.

I said that it's not entirely honest :-( my friend say maybe but fully legal
Update 2: For now, he works as a gardener, I thought that one day I will get a driving license, but I do not know if he reveals that I have Asperger Syndrome, if the doctor agrees, I got advice that I would make the driving license when the current disability certificate will end, so would not need to say anything to doctor, it does not seem It's fair to me, but someone told me not to think about honesty and think about myself first of all.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 7:00 am

Aspergers is a small cognitive disability that does not make life difficult? :?: Are you sure you have Aspergers?

In answer to your question no aspie I know would ever manipulate the law in such a way.

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 8:20 am

i wrote pepperoni flavor on the survey from the gum company.. what i wanted was pepperoni pizza.

Last edited by doolaloo on 20 Jun 2019, 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 9:06 am

I placed a curse on my mom's abusive fourth husband.

He almost died twice. Once from a stroke, and once from septic shock from a large painful kidney stone infecting his body. :twisted: :skull:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 9:27 am

Teach51 wrote:
Aspergers is a small cognitive disability that does not make life difficult? :?: Are you sure you have Aspergers?

In answer to your question no aspie I know would ever manipulate the law in such a way.

I have Asperger's Syndrome, although when I was a child, psychologists mistakenly diagnosed me as ADHD, only one psychologist, suggested to my mother how I was 15-16 I could have more Asperger Syndrome than ADHD.

Now I was invited to participate in an EU-funded project, addressed to people with high-functioning autism, allowing you to become a manual tester, a software tester.

I passed the preliminary tests and was found to be suitable.

As for being manipulative, I'm sick and tired that my fellow aspies and I are placed in dead-end jobs in fast food chains, or supermarkets like TESCO and such :twisted:

I know at least one aspie who works as security chief, he sucks in a social situation like most of us, but he at least earns some good money :D

And other of my friend know one guy with Asperger who had a professional driver license and work as driver in mass transit in one of big polish city, and other guys who not have autism but schizophrenia (damn schizophrenia!) and also work as driver :D , in that case he just blatantly lied about his condition and shrink not even found out! :P

I have AS but i can pretend to be NT if the situation requires this :)

I wonder how many Aspies could hide their quirkiness for a while? :P

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 9:54 am

Is the system not sympathetic to people with autism in Poland?

I guess a lot of people would try and fight a system that works against them and prevents them from reaching their potential. Do you like your job as a software tester? I am not autistic btw, I just have many friends on the spectrum. Not deliberate, just worked out that way :lol:

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:19 am

Teach51 wrote:
Is the system not sympathetic to people with autism in Poland?

I guess a lot of people would try and fight a system that works against them and prevents them from reaching their potential. Do you like your job as a software tester? I am not autistic btw, I just have many friends on the spectrum. Not deliberate, just worked out that way :lol:

I like computers, that's one of my "special interest" :lol:
But I did not worked in IT yet, but tried to learn Python programming language, and learned a bit of Turbo Pascal in High School it was an obscure programing language. Now it's government program co-founded with EU aimed for people on the autism spectrum, to train such people to be a software tester.

Because there are many vacancies in the IT industry in Poland that are difficult to fill, and it is allegedly learned that in the IT industry, autism is not an obstacle but an advantage, and the Polish government wants to improve our IT industry, because in the current situation is a strategic sector for everyone contemporary country, hence the support from our government and European funds.

I have not read from what country you are, I used to read about the passenger plane pilot from the United States, the guy had Asperger Syndrome but he did not say FAA, he worked like that for 10 years and then applied for some federal funding, for people with autism, then FAA it made some background checks and found that he lied to them, and given fact that in almost every country only government have the right to lie citizenry they revoked his license :P he even threatened with the possibility of prison sentence, but in the end, he regained his license, because doctor found that if he flew so much without accident, is no problem :P

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 10:25 am

I am surprised that the FAA reversed their decision. Integrity and transparency are just as important for background checks in aviation as is safety. Especially in the age of terrorism. That is really strange imo.
It's good that Poland is recognising the computer talent in the HFA community. Excellent!

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 12:45 pm

Teach51 wrote:
I am surprised that the FAA reversed their decision. Integrity and transparency are just as important for background checks in aviation as is safety. Especially in the age of terrorism. That is really strange imo.

What do you mean? Apparently, Asperger Syndrome itself is not much issue for flight surgeons, yea it's ground for grounding someone :P , or deferral, and someone who was rejected due to Asperger could appeal the decision to higher up authority because of IACO International Civil Aviation Organization
medical guidelines for pilots and flight crew, on which national aviation authorities are based, emphasise that aviation medical examiner, should treat a certain condition such Asperger Syndrome or ADHD, and certain other mental problems on a case by cases basis. And this guy was apparently disciplinary sacked from his airlne ayway, so he paid the price.

I am also interested in aviation it's one of my special interest, I thought that someday I would turn to our Polish Aviation Authority which plays a role in Poland such as FAA in America, giving me air medical examinations, I would take the glider pilot licenses (though I doubt that any glider could carry such a fat man as me :mrgreen: .)

Maybe I would even take a professional pilot license, and then a pilot license for passenger planes and certificates for Boieng 737-MAX than i could fly for LOT Polish Airlnes or Rayanair, than after take-off from Warsaw i could casually say passangers that i had Asperger, does they have issue with it? :D And say them to be nice to me becuase if they not i could make them visit close up the Pałac Kultury i Nauki (Palace of Culture and Science) in Warsaw to make them 9/11 in Polish style :P

I'm joking of course and not want to offend anyone, just pissed how sometimes people are treated by society :(

Teach51 wrote:
It's good that Poland is recognising the computer talent in the HFA community. Excellent!

Thanks, our current PM think about increasing our IT business, subsidizing it using government money and money from EU.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 10:56 am

Well...

I have a physical disability alongside my autism. I don't need to use the toilet for the disabled because of it (except for a while after surgeries), but sometimes when the lines are long I do go and use the toilet for the disabled, and when asked why I went I can justify my actions by showing my... what should I call it... disability card? The kind of paper that tells more details about my condition and is to be shown to medical staff if something is wrong and that something is likely to be caused by my disability.

So yeah, on paper I'm heavily disabled, but in my daily life I really don't need to use the toilet for the disabled so I suppose it's not all that honest to do so.