Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2022, 3:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
There would be no willingness to fund benefits or give accommodations for people who chose to be that way. Autism is not a spreadable disease there would be no selfish reasons to help autistics. As for the ND/Autistic rights movement, it will become increasingly irrelevant as the number of autistic people shrinks and shrinks. Investing in improving Autistic people's lives will become be like Microsoft investing in Windows 95, no reason to invest in something whose time has gone by.

An inevitable fact its just a matter of what comes first some kind of treatment or Prevention?

If autism was prevented something like that would happen. Prevention is much more likely, since it’s claimed the majority of autism occurs due to hormones in the womb & auto immune disorders such as parents having folate anti bodies.

Fixing these things in NT parents are not beyond plausibility in the not-too-distant future

If autism is largely prevented it would become like Thalidomide where autistic people already born would simply remain living relics to things that don’t happen anymore they would age out and people would simply forget about them as they do now with Thalidomide victims

Where if an effective treatment for autism was invented it would remove the worst aspects of the disorder allowing ND advocates to make their claims with more credibility.

Most anti cure sentiment is largely based on strawman arguments & on fear of the unknown like the covid vaccines at the beginning of 2021, in the end the majority of people took them anyway.

In most autistic cases the autism is not a benevolent disorder with very serious implications for personal education, mental health, job opportunities, general health and life expectancy of the person effected.

In a perfect scenario treatment invented would fix the individual deficits caused by neurodevelopmental disorders like anxiety, intellectual disability and speech freeing people to get on with their lives

ASPartOfMe wrote:
We would find out how much of the NT tolerance and acceptance of the last few years was really tolerance and acceptance or making the best out of a bad situation.

That along with neurodiversity is exactly what it is / was odd that anyone would realistically think its anything else

- George Bernie Shaw

Apathetic
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2022, 11:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What is "the root of what causes autism?"

I say there are many "roots," rather than just one "root."

As in try researching some of the chemicals experimented with during the Holocaust instead of just the research Hans Asperger did on autism. Think they are totally unrelated? I seemed to have discovered quite a bit. Do you want to discuss where fnord is talking payment or where I am talking survival?

Apathetic
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2022, 11:55 pm

carlos55 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
There would be no willingness to fund benefits or give accommodations for people who chose to be that way. Autism is not a spreadable disease there would be no selfish reasons to help autistics. As for the ND/Autistic rights movement, it will become increasingly irrelevant as the number of autistic people shrinks and shrinks. Investing in improving Autistic people's lives will become be like Microsoft investing in Windows 95, no reason to invest in something whose time has gone by.

An inevitable fact its just a matter of what comes first some kind of treatment or Prevention?

If autism was prevented something like that would happen. Prevention is much more likely, since it’s claimed the majority of autism occurs due to hormones in the womb & auto immune disorders such as parents having folate anti bodies.

Fixing these things in NT parents are not beyond plausibility in the not-too-distant future

If autism is largely prevented it would become like Thalidomide where autistic people already born would simply remain living relics to things that don’t happen anymore they would age out and people would simply forget about them as they do now with Thalidomide victims

Where if an effective treatment for autism was invented it would remove the worst aspects of the disorder allowing ND advocates to make their claims with more credibility.

Most anti cure sentiment is largely based on strawman arguments & on fear of the unknown like the covid vaccines at the beginning of 2021, in the end the majority of people took them anyway.

In most autistic cases the autism is not a benevolent disorder with very serious implications for personal education, mental health, job opportunities, general health and life expectancy of the person effected.

In a perfect scenario treatment invented would fix the individual deficits caused by neurodevelopmental disorders like anxiety, intellectual disability and speech freeing people to get on with their lives

ASPartOfMe wrote:
We would find out how much of the NT tolerance and acceptance of the last few years was really tolerance and acceptance or making the best out of a bad situation.

That along with neurodiversity is exactly what it is / was odd that anyone would realistically think its anything else

Wanna bet no funding? I bet Donald Trump might be doing a little bit of funding if you want me to elaborate

Apathetic
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Mar 2022, 12:18 am

I'm no "Rocket Surgeon"as Chris Rock put it, but do you think that that the way Hollywood puts things a bit out of context from reality, do you think it is remotely possible that people like Steven Spielberg and Chris Rock would work together in the movie industry on flicks like Mercury Rising to try and say that maybe they would give everything on hinting at some sort of government super coded puzzle to say that they would give everything up on a certain group of individuals that might remotely resemble autistic people not to be oppressed instead of making it where they are as a result of being oppressed similar to how autistic people are constantly oppressed with the difference that not much is known about Jewish communication, but blacks like Chris Rock are known for coded communication like the way the underground railroad spiritual songs had coded messages while a certain other group of oppressed people are known for being more literal, direct, and in your face?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2022, 8:44 am

Apathetic wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Wanna bet no funding? I bet Donald Trump might be doing a little bit of funding if you want me to elaborate

Go ahead what is Donald Trump funding?

Correct me if I’m wrong but you seem to be linking vaccines to autism ? Something already discredited and also the fact is many of us older people on here never got the MMR shot

- George Bernie Shaw

luckystrike.es
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Apr 2022, 6:06 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Apathetic wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Go ahead what is Donald Trump funding?

Correct me if I’m wrong but you seem to be linking vaccines to autism ? Something already discredited and also the fact is many of us older people on here never got the MMR shot

Lol. I think this is reference to Barron Trump possibly being on the spectrum.

MindEngine
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Apr 2022, 10:15 am

Apathetic wrote:
I'm working on something kind of big, am wondering if anyone else is up for working with me to help change things for the autistic community,mainly in terms of like in terms of finding out what causes autism and how to fix it for the sake of saving my own ass, not just getting paid to research like these other places publishing research reports because they are paid to publish something. Is anyone game to work with me to tag along with some ideas for getting into the root of the problem?

If you did such a ground-breaking discovery (very unlikey), you could start writing a book on it, and then attracting same-mind people around your book. There are chance that by writing your thoughts you may discover you haven't got a clue of it. But anyway, at least it will help to clarify your mind on the issues, so the effort won't be a waste of time.