14 Oct 2024, 7:12 pm

Robert Roberson.
Are you familiar with this story?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2024, 9:08 pm

123autism wrote:
Robert Roberson.  Are you familiar with this story?
Yes.

Robert Leslie Roberson III (born November 10, 1966) is an American convicted murderer currently on death row for the murder of his two-year-old daughter in 2002. Roberson was reported to have assaulted his daughter severely and caused her death, and he was therefore convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death in 2003, and had lost his appeals since. (Wikipedia)

Autism should never be used to mitigate a murder conviction, nor should it ever be used as a "Get Out of Jail Free" card.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

123autism
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2024, 9:20 pm

I'm afraid there is much more to this story than what you have posted.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:12 am

123autism wrote:

Of course, and everything I have read gives me no reason to believe he is innocent -- lots of emotionalism and "What If" speculation, but nothing to really get him off the hook.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 7:12 am

123autism wrote:

Not wishing to be a troll, but he posted way more about the story than you did!

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Yesterday, 7:47 am

JamesW wrote:
123autism wrote:

Not wishing to be a troll, but he posted way more about the story than you did!

That was harsh of me. Reason (or excuse): someone had been posting a lot of links to questionable or misleading material, and telling those of us who called them out to do our own research, without ever having researched the material themselves in the first place. You got the backlash from that. I do apologise.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:41 am

At the time of her death, he wasnt even diagnosed with autism so this was unintentional he got discriminated against. He got diagnosed in 2018 and why this case hasn't been looked at again is beyond me. This is why I am against capital punishment because they don't use principles, they just want to convict and legally murder people despite lack of evidence against them or new evidence not supporting their conviction.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses. Possibly OCD. Is very private about herself.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:50 am

I have read more on this case and they say the child seemed to have died of of double pneumonia that had progressed to sepsis, her illness further exacerbated by a combination of medicines now seen as unsuitable for children.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/13/us/rober ... index.html

https://innocenceproject.org/cases/robert-roberson/

More on it:

https://innocenceproject.org/what-to-kn ... -occurred/

This needs to be looked more into before they do it. Only reason why they thought he was guilty was because he didn't act emotional enough than looking more at the child for her cause of death.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 1:19 pm

Giving my 2 cents opinion I would have thought SBS is really something that happens to young babies rather than walking toddlers that don’t cry in their cots every minute leading to exhausted parents shaking the child out of anger.

Of course the child could have had early autism themselves causing them to exhibit more distressed behaviour.

Then again the father could just be a monster who abused and killed his child and invented the autism symptoms for a more lenient sentence.

I suspect it’s quite easy to fake autism in prison as an adult there’s not exactly any biological markers just a tick sheet questions and observation.

Prisoners used to fake madness which is tricky over a long time, as it’s probably easy to catch fakers out after a while, but hf autism is probably a walk in the park by comparison.

- George Bernie Shaw

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 1:45 pm

League_Girl wrote:
SNIP
Only reason why they thought he was guilty was because he didn't act emotional enough than looking more at the child for her cause of death.

This is a major problem with the system, emotional state shouldn't be used like this, especially since mental health rarely gets people off the hook even if the crime was caused by mental illness. Even just being blacked out isn't enough, you have to not understand that the crime was wrong.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 1:55 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Giving my 2 cents opinion I would have thought SBS is really something that happens to young babies rather than walking toddlers that don’t cry in their cots every minute leading to exhausted parents shaking the child out of anger.

Of course the child could have had early autism themselves causing them to exhibit more distressed behaviour.

Then again the father could just be a monster who abused and killed his child and invented the autism symptoms for a more lenient sentence.

I suspect it’s quite easy to fake autism in prison as an adult there’s not exactly any biological markers just a tick sheet questions and observation.

Prisoners used to fake madness which is tricky over a long time, as it’s probably easy to catch fakers out after a while, but hf autism is probably a walk in the park by comparison.

But they're always caught but then junk science is also used like how is a inmate faking a intellectual impairment for example when their school records show it and their medical history records? Were they always faking it since childhood? No one keeps up this charade long.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:00 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
SNIP
Only reason why they thought he was guilty was because he didn't act emotional enough than looking more at the child for her cause of death.

This is a major problem with the system, emotional state shouldn't be used like this, especially since mental health rarely gets people off the hook even if the crime was caused by mental illness. Even just being blacked out isn't enough, you have to not understand that the crime was wrong.

How Darlier Routier got convicted of her son's murder?

Celebrating his birthday when he would have turned 6 at the graveyard and putting silly string on his grave and smiling and laughing. Like good heavens you can't grieve by celebrating your dead kid's birthday and pretending they're still there with you and have a good time when her family said she had been crying before earlier.

Cameron Todd was convicted of his kids' death when he didn't try to run back in the burning apartment to save his kids and was numb. Evidence showed he did not start the fire. Plus firemen and the police wouldn't have let him in there anyway but the fact he didn't try to outrun them made him look guilty.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 2:56 pm

League_Girl wrote:
carlos55 wrote:

But they're always caught but then junk science is also used like how is a inmate faking a intellectual impairment for example when their school records show it and their medical history records? Were they always faking it since childhood? No one keeps up this charade long.

ID can be unproved easily by checking education records, madness too, for a person to be mad they have to be locked in psychosis i.e the Martians are coming.

A clever psychiatrist would simply trick & test the subject into revealing that he was in the real world not locked in another.

So madness is difficult to fake for this reason with the faker accidently slipping up by entering the real world then quickly disappearing into fake madness.

There isnt much challenges with hf autism, if even tic tokers have done it even self diagnosing then revealing later they had something else.

I'm sure a prisoner facing death could do it

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:30 pm

The undeniable truth is that he was convicted of killing a child.  Any proof to the contrary should have been presented at his trial or on appeal.  Either any such "proof" is irrelevant to the conviction, or it was poorly presented by his lawyers.

123autism
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 7:11 pm

@JamesW

Yes he did post more.

I didn't share a lot of info about this.. granted I only came across this story the other day.

From what I gather (from watching an NBC interview where Lestor Holt asks the man about his experience),
this man took his daughter to hospital 40 times prior to her death.

She was a sick child to begin with. Someone who consistently takes their child to the hospital to be cared for
is showing that he cares about their well being.

As I understand, some or all of this medical info. was not shown at trial. (Don't take my word for it, watch the videos if this piques your interest).

So, I am compelled to believe this man is innocent.

I am actually in favour of the death penalty. (i.e. Nikolas Cruz).

This case seems to be the exception.

123autism
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Yesterday, 7:14 pm

@Fnord

Watch the nbc

Yes he was convicted. That's the truth.

Conviction does not equal guilt. Believe what you want and form your own views.

A convicted murder does not imply the murder took place. It suggests the accused was convicted. It does not prove a crime was committed.

**Update: his prospects to survive this seem extremely small as a news report from the last few hours indicates a Texas judge will not halt the process.