Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 2:15 pm

My pro-life opinion originally had nothing to do with disability (I was persuaded by a pro-choice biased website that I used for a science project). I do consider myself against abortion and this goes for every unborn baby, but I do admit that I write more aobut disabled unborn babies (I'm not really politically involved at this point).

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2009, 6:53 pm

I have strong fellings against abortion unless for understandable reasons and I am am an atheist and politcally leftwing.I definatlly not biased on the perserving of life.But that does not mean I advocate out of control procreation because we dont know if the earths ecosystems or the food supply can support too much life but we always remember all life is precious because only those that have it coming to them deserve death.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2009, 10:58 pm

I am in a way pro life, as I see life starts at the moment of conception, but sometimes
depending on circumstances, that life may have to be terminated, its not up to a bunch
of pro lifers to deny a womans right to a safe abortion, people on both sides need to look
at the bigger picture, that is to respect all life and to act responsibly.

Krasher
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2009, 11:00 pm

I suppose supporting life is fine, doesn't make a difference to me though.

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Oct 2009, 7:42 am

I'm personally pro-choice. Up until birth, in my opinion, the thing isn't alive. Between physical birth (IE emerging from the womb through the Vagina) and death (IE all electrical activity in the brain ceases. Pallor and Rigor Mortis kick in etc.) the person in alive. Before or after this they are not, and as such abortions of unborn fetus' are alright with me.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 2:37 pm

I am also pro-choice. FWIW, why is it that the 'pro-life' people in the USA are almost always supporters of capitol punishment?

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2009, 3:43 pm

They own shares in prisons, electric companies, undertakers and placard makers. They've got it all sown up.

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2009, 4:00 pm

LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:
I'm personally pro-choice. Up until birth, in my opinion, the thing isn't alive. Between physical birth (IE emerging from the womb through the Vagina) and death (IE all electrical activity in the brain ceases. Pallor and Rigor Mortis kick in etc.) the person in alive. Before or after this they are not, and as such abortions of unborn fetus' are alright with me.

Same here, I am very much pro-choice. I think there is no "pro-life" its anti-abortion, anti-woman, and anti-choice. I also believe that forcing a woman to go through with a preganancy is dehumanizing. A fetus is not a person.

MagnusArmstrong
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2009, 6:27 pm

I dont conider my self either way on the matter because it makes me feel uneasy because it can be distorted for eugenics and its not an womens right issue because,womens rights should be about equalty in status to men not putting themselves over us.Men dont decide that fate of those without a voice.It should be a last resort as if it threatens the mothers life.We dont know if criminal behavoir is genetic because if it was the case of rape the child born from that criminal act could end up hating their father for that act and become outspoken against rape instead of another rapist.I shoudn't be a choice for the irresponisble because they never learn if they the dont suffer the consequences of their actions.I support capital punishmemt because I am a hard justice type because they chose their fate when they commited that act and some can never be rehabilited,and it gives the family of the victim a sense of vindication because that person took a love one away from them so the ulimate punishment is the only option till we can dectect signs of crimanl behavior before the act then try to fix the indivual.Sorry for going off topic.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2009, 9:13 pm

mgran wrote:
I'd fight for anyone's life. If there is a perceived bias towards the disabled, that's only because the disabled are more at risk of being aborted.

Precisely.

shadfly
Raven
Raven

21 Oct 2009, 4:24 am

Abortion is an industry. Abortionists need more customers just like cosmetic plastic surgeons need more customers. There's big money in both: in performing the service and selling residual byproducts (fetal tissue for research). Individual doctors have gotten extremely rich performing abortions. And there's room for more.

whitelightning777
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2009, 3:49 am

Fogman wrote:
I am also pro-choice. FWIW, why is it that the 'pro-life' people in the USA are almost always supporters of capitol punishment?

The reason is that capitol punishment is against sociopaths who have killed one or more innocent people. The sociopath is just as dangerous as a normal adult if not more so.

Unborn babies (fetuses or whatever) aren't capable of blowing up a federal building in OKC, for example. Their position is that weak small innocent living people shouldn't be tossed aside because someone more powerful then them benefits from it.

How come no one asks PETA members why they are against using animals in research but not against shooting a rabid dog in your yard that is growling at your wife?

Their position is that weak harmless animals should not be objects of torture and exploitation by stronger smarter organisms (namely us humans) It should also be noted that rabbits aren't the only things making big money for medical research. Fetuses both dead and still alive are sold to some of the very same labs that do animal testing.

Its a nonsense question.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 6:42 pm

The, "What if Einstein had been aborted?" argument irritates me. He wasn't. And if Osama bin Laden had been aborted, my friend Johanna would probably be alive, but he wasn't, either. We can go if, if, if all day and not get anywhere.

I think abortion is a terrible thing; I wish there never had to be another one. But I think taking away a person's right to make decisions about their own body is a much worse thing. It reeks of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment!

BTW, selling live infants is illegal. I seriously doubt any doctors are doing such a thing. But if you do know of any, report them to the police and/or FBI, who take this crime very seriously.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2009, 10:47 pm

Rose_in_Winter wrote:
The, "What if Einstein had been aborted?" argument irritates me. He wasn't. And if Osama bin Laden had been aborted, my friend Johanna would probably be alive, but he wasn't, either. We can go if, if, if all day and not get anywhere.

I think abortion is a terrible thing; I wish there never had to be another one. But I think taking away a person's right to make decisions about their own body is a much worse thing. It reeks of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment!

BTW, selling live infants is illegal. I seriously doubt any doctors are doing such a thing. But if you do know of any, report them to the police and/or FBI, who take this crime very seriously.

That is exactly my attitude, both on the "what if" and abortion itself. I find abortion to be horrible, but I fully support the Roe v. Wade decision.

whitelightning777
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2009, 3:58 am

Rose_in_Winter wrote:

While the 13th amendment bans selling persons as slaves, this only applies to persons born in the United States. It doesn't apply to fetuses or fetal tissue. These practices are far from secret and they are well documented. A cursory search of the Internet is all that is required to confirm the practice.

Fidget
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Nov 2009, 1:01 am

Fogman wrote:

Just for the record, I'm a pro-life American, and I'm anti-capital punishment. I also find it ironic that many pro-lifers are pro-death penalty.