Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 9:59 pm

IS this in the actual movie or was it cut?

Liked how Tatum said "it is artistic". i HATE Ice Cube now...jk

I'm...still watching it though. Though I know how it feels like to get offended. :(

MBTI- ISTP

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:11 pm

NorthPark wrote:
IS this in the actual movie or was it cut?

Liked how Tatum said "it is artistic". i HATE Ice Cube now...jk

I'm...still watching it though. Though I know how it feels like to get offended. :(

It's in the actual movie. Breezed right past me at the time though. I thought the rest of the movie was really funny.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 8:46 am

If you don't believe in the criminal justice system then you are autistic.

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2012, 9:10 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ExcitinglyOpaque
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

Looked like a male rip-off of Never Been Kissed, anyway. Glad I didn't see it.

sage_gerard
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2012, 8:49 pm

Quote:
The reality is that there are many things people are concerned about, and bringing attention to one issue- does not take away from others

:?: People cannot focus intently on more than a few things at a time, especially in a society as easily distracted as this one.

As for the video, I'm won't be offended by comments like this unless the majority start believing them and legislation or social norms get affected. Stereotypes gain power when we allow them to integrate into what we feel is "common sense" and change society's behavior. It is more difficult for that to happen today than it used to be, given how diverse individual interests have become.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 11:22 pm

When I saw the movie, I actually found this comment a little bit clever, and certainly not insulting. He was commenting on the fact that the two guys got all bogged down in the details (the relationships between all the students etc.) instead of just getting the basic information that he wanted (who the supplier is).

A more intelligent "mockery" of autism than those you normally hear, that shows the writers actually know a bit about what autism is.

Terrible movie though.

sage_gerard
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2012, 11:23 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
When I saw the movie, I actually found this comment a little bit clever, and certainly not insulting. He was commenting on the fact that the two guys got all bogged down in the details (the relationships between all the students etc.) instead of just getting the basic information that he wanted (who the supplier is).

I like this interpretation. :)

DeVoTeE
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

I'd be insulted also if I saw or heard something like that in a movie.

Leiservampir
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2012, 8:43 am

I don't see why ANYONE with Autism should be bothered. The film looks like utter shite anyway, anyone who watches it and enjoys it probably has an IQ of under 75 anyway, so..

shaunx
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2012, 5:46 am

I'm more offended that its yet another remake and that millions of people will pay money to go and see another redux of some 30 year old garbage because Hollywood isn't creative enough to come up with anything original any more. People don't value freedom enough and need to grow a backbone if you ask me. If you don't like the movie don't go and see it. I personally won't see it purely on the grounds that its a remake. It seems over the past decade or so its gone from people wanting to be treated fairly into people becoming paranoid fascists. If you don't like a movie, don't watch it. Turn it around and think how it would feel to be forced to watch this!

sage_gerard
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 May 2012, 6:04 am

shaunx wrote:
I'm more offended that its yet another remake and that millions of people will pay money to go and see another redux of some 30 year old garbage because Hollywood isn't creative enough to come up with anything original any more.

It's not about creativity, its about money. Investors are not interested in what is new, they are interested in what gets a return. Time-tested formulas that people pay to see or rehashed popular content get green-lighted more than original material.