Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 5:37 am

Fnord wrote:
ehymw wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Having seen what happens when Aspies attempt to self govern; no.
That bad?
That bad. Negotiations that result in multiple meltdowns; everyone wanting their special interest given priority; insults flying everywhere; back-stabbing; personal attacks ...

Just look at this website's PP&R forum for examples!

Sorry but that did give me a little giggle! :)

However i would have to say, as most aspies believe somewhat in logic, that the above presumption would go beyond logic as no proof can be determined by said assumption...

I have been to many forums over the years and i can honestly say that this forum has FAR less trolling than ANY other forum i have been on! You will often see one so called negative comment then three pages of people trolling... I dont really see that here.. Yes some have outlandish ideas but sometimes those ideas can lead to world changing inventions... I often see most people trying to correct themselves if taken the wrong way or if someone has been a little too forward apologizing in public... You really dont see that too often anywhere else... Maybe the answer is looking you right in the face, maybe from this website you can get an IDEA of how planet could be run.. Think about it! No bombs as they create too much audio/visual and physical stimuli! No torture because they dont want to hurt another person, giving aid to those in need because most are humanitarian.. Deliberation is often quickly accomplished. Interests turned into new inventions or ideas. Conversations are deep and meaningful requiring proper scientific back up!

But bottom line is we all need each other!! ! Aspie or not. because this world is all we have got and need to somehow work together to accomplish peace in all aspects rather than trying to destroy everything that in effect gives us life!

Just saying :oops:

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2015, 11:17 am

Well, we're not really a species, are we?

I mean, my family is made up of NTs. Most of it, at least. Who to say our own kids will also be Aspies, even if we have children with other Aspies? Not to mention that some of us have NT friends/lovers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2015, 3:02 pm

You can fly, but you can't hide

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2015, 12:20 pm

We could a death-star like thing (not to destroy planets), or we could build a space station.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 12:31 pm

Aspie202 wrote:
We could a death-star like thing (not to destroy planets), or we could build a space station.

I don't think we could fit 80 million people in one building.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2015, 12:36 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
Aspie202 wrote:

I don't think we could fit 80 million people in one building.

I think it's best if we all went to Greenland. There's flat land there, right? Could we build buildings there?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 10:25 pm

ehymw wrote:
That bad?

I once participated in a movie night as part of an AS group; it involved signing a three page document outlining the purpose of the movie night, submitting a list of movies I might want to watch, and endless rounds of winnowing down everyone's choices involving both peremptory strikes and strikes for cause, like jury selection in a murder trial. I just watched Netflix at home...

- Rick Sanchez