Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2009, 10:18 pm

Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:
Technocracy is not the way to go. You are putting a lot of faith in someone who might not have your best interests in mind. Unfortunately, we are heading away from where individuals can make their own decisions.

Zyborg, I find it ironic that you would want technocracy. You favor a government that is like Autism Speaks.

Technocracy is not about making decisions over how people should live their life, but is adminsitration of natural resources and distribution. Educate yourself.

Who gets to decide who gets to distribute natural resources? I've educated myself quite well, thank you. :wink:

According to technocracy, it is resource base itself which is basis of distribution.

Resource base divided with number of inhabitants of technate.

No, no that is according to an interpretation of technocracy. Technocracy can operate in many ways, the basis is ensuring that people are in an office on the basis of their expertise, rather than being elected to it in the style of the western democratic system.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2009, 5:24 am

Kangoogle wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:
Technocracy is not the way to go. You are putting a lot of faith in someone who might not have your best interests in mind. Unfortunately, we are heading away from where individuals can make their own decisions.

Zyborg, I find it ironic that you would want technocracy. You favor a government that is like Autism Speaks.

Technocracy is not about making decisions over how people should live their life, but is adminsitration of natural resources and distribution. Educate yourself.

Who gets to decide who gets to distribute natural resources? I've educated myself quite well, thank you. :wink:

According to technocracy, it is resource base itself which is basis of distribution.

No, no that is according to an interpretation of technocracy. Technocracy can operate in many ways, the basis is ensuring that people are in an office on the basis of their expertise, rather than being elected to it in the style of the western democratic system.

Yes, and that will benefit aspies. People will not be chosen because they are popular, but because they got skill.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jan 2009, 7:43 am

pakled wrote:
I think one that is run by real people, of real people, and for real people.

The problem with ideal societies is that we don't have enough ideal people to make one with...;)

We don't real people in power. We need machines.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 11:07 am

Zyborg wrote:
Kangoogle wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:
Zyborg wrote:
Maditude wrote:

Yes, and that will benefit aspies. People will not be chosen because they are popular, but because they got skill.

Ideally yes. However the only real proper attempt was the Chinese civil service selecting civil servants by examination for a time. It ended up being a bit of a disaster rather predictably.

Arcona
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jan 2009, 6:03 pm

I strongly support direct democracy and think it is the best possible system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_democracy

Maditude
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 6:13 pm

Direct Democracy is bad because it is what the majority thinks and does not protect the rights of minorities (like those with AS)

"Vortex of Freedom" Radio Show
Saturdays 6PM Eastern - 5PM Central
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maditude

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 6:37 pm

Arcona wrote:
I strongly support direct democracy and think it is the best possible system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_democracy

No that is the worst system - the average moron should have the least power possible.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 7:00 am

Despotic Inventorism