Page 4 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Aspie19828
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2009, 10:54 am

I am an atheist. I am Pro-Choice, it is the woman's decision it her body. Prevention of unwanted pregnancy through contraception is better than abortion.

10 Dec 2009, 11:59 am

I'm pro life but I am not all black and white about it. I'm not a black and white person. Black and white thinking sucks.
I see gray areas for when I don't find it okay. If the mother didn't want the baby, why not have it done in her first termester?But don't wait till the second or third to have it done. I find that so cruel. But however, if the baby was severely deformed, then it's okay because no way would it live outside the womb so why stay pregnant? My husband agrees here for when it's okay for the abortion to happen. I wouldn't want to stay pregnant if I found out my kid had no brain or it never developed into a body, etc.

I am not against disabled kids or handicapped kids.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Dec 2009, 8:34 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I'm pro life but I am not all black and white about it. I'm not a black and white person. Black and white thinking sucks.
I see gray areas for when I don't find it okay. If the mother didn't want the baby, why not have it done in her first termester?But don't wait till the second or third to have it done. I find that so cruel. But however, if the baby was severely deformed, then it's okay because no way would it live outside the womb so why stay pregnant? My husband agrees here for when it's okay for the abortion to happen. I wouldn't want to stay pregnant if I found out my kid had no brain or it never developed into a body, etc.

I am not against disabled kids or handicapped kids.
Coincidently, there is one family I know about whose pre-born baby is having serious medical problems. Her lungs are underdeveloped. Her heart is enlarged, And she's not able to pass wastes. So she's likely to be stillborn. Yet the couple, who have been trying to have a baby for years, refuse to have an abortion, and believe that God can still perform a miracle on the late term foetus.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2009, 11:54 am

pat2rome wrote:
Rose_in_Winter wrote:
The, "What if Einstein had been aborted?" argument irritates me. He wasn't. And if Osama bin Laden had been aborted, my friend Johanna would probably be alive, but he wasn't, either. We can go if, if, if all day and not get anywhere.

I think abortion is a terrible thing; I wish there never had to be another one. But I think taking away a person's right to make decisions about their own body is a much worse thing. It reeks of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment!

BTW, selling live infants is illegal. I seriously doubt any doctors are doing such a thing. But if you do know of any, report them to the police and/or FBI, who take this crime very seriously.

That is exactly my attitude, both on the "what if" and abortion itself. I find abortion to be horrible, but I fully support the Roe v. Wade decision.

me, as well, for both the posts.

why don't peta members support humans, since we are animals as well? 8O

Q: "What if Einstein had been aborted?"
A: Then we wouldn't have nuclear bombs. Oooh! (As much as I like Einstein)

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm

Personally, I don't like abortion at all, but I believe that people should have a choice.

lewdi28792
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2010, 8:56 pm

i am black + white about it - the killing of the unborn is murder.

plus - i have no problem with the taking out of abortion doctors and the mothers who go in for it.
the dr's deserve to get taken out for providing and performing the service

AND

the mothers deserve to get taken out for going in for it

MEANING

the mother is as guilty as the dr for going in for it.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 10:23 am

lewdi28792 wrote:
i am black + white about it - the killing of the unborn is murder.

plus - i have no problem with the taking out of abortion doctors and the mothers who go in for it.
the dr's deserve to get taken out for providing and performing the service

AND

the mothers deserve to get taken out for going in for it

MEANING

the mother is as guilty as the dr for going in for it.

So, a man that thinks murder is wrong, but has no problem killing off the doctor and the mother.

I would suggest that if you don't like abortion that you just don't have one, lewdi28792

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm

Ohhhhh how I love Pro-lifers who are pro murder :roll:

So lewdi28792 you have a major problem with the destruction of a foetus.

This thing, that has the potential for human life (I am not understating this, the percentage of embryos and foetus's which are not viable for life is staggering, especially in the first trimester) has no friends, has not emotional attachments, has no dependants, has no fear of the procedure, has (as far as we know) not developed pain responses, to abort an embryo or foetus you see as murder and repugnant.

Yet destroying the life of a fully viable, walking, talking, human who has friends, acquaintances, dependants, feels fear and pain. To murder this person is fine by you!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Methinks your priorities are completely screwed

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Shareese
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2010, 1:03 pm

I'll fight for the lives of my people first, and everyone else second.

discosizzle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2010, 3:13 pm

Fidget wrote:
Fogman wrote:
I am also pro-choice. FWIW, why is it that the 'pro-life' people in the USA are almost always supporters of capitol punishment?

Just for the record, I'm a pro-life American, and I'm anti-capital punishment. I also find it ironic that many pro-lifers are pro-death penalty.
There's really nothing ironic about it. Pro-lifers are AGAINST taking the life of an INNOCENT unborn child. Pro-death penalty are FOR punishing a person GUILTY of heinous CRIME. I always see this argument come up in the pro-life debate and don't understand how people can't tell the difference between the two.
I own a car. I'm not careful about locking the car and sometimes I leave the windows and doors open. I do this in areas and situations where a child can get into the vehicle. One day I'm driving the car down the highway and find that a small child has indeed climbed inside the vehicle. It's someone's kid who I only talked to one night, but I don't want it inside my car. I have somewhere to be. This kid is going to mess up my schedule and all of my plans. I need to get rid of them quick, by any means necessary, as I can't be held up from my life. I guess that's too bad for me. I still have to drive safely. I still have to make sure I do everything within my power and responsibility to make sure the kid gets out of the vehicle alive and healthy. Of course, I could just taken the proper precautions to keep this circumstance from happening in the first place.
Hopefully, I'm getting my point across. I understand why women take the "keep your laws off my body stance", but IMO once life is created within you, then you have the responsibilty to sustain that life by any means necessary. Of course, there are always special cases for things. Special cases shouldn't define the rule. That's my two cents.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:15 am

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 1:05 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
Rose_in_Winter wrote:
The, "What if Einstein had been aborted?" argument irritates me. He wasn't. And if Osama bin Laden had been aborted, my friend Johanna would probably be alive, but he wasn't, either. We can go if, if, if all day and not get anywhere.

I think abortion is a terrible thing; I wish there never had to be another one. But I think taking away a person's right to make decisions about their own body is a much worse thing. It reeks of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment!

BTW, selling live infants is illegal. I seriously doubt any doctors are doing such a thing. But if you do know of any, report them to the police and/or FBI, who take this crime very seriously.

That is exactly my attitude, both on the "what if" and abortion itself. I find abortion to be horrible, but I fully support the Roe v. Wade decision.

me, as well, for both the posts.

Q: "What if Einstein had been aborted?"
A: Then we wouldn't have nuclear bombs. Oooh! (As much as I like Einstein)

But if we didn't have nuclear bombs then it would have taken a lot longer (with potentially a lot more deaths) to stop Japan and end WW2. Not that I think that the "What if" argument to be a particularly strong one even though I am definitely "Pro-life" depending on the circumstances. I.e. Whether the women's life was in serious danger etc.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:23 pm

Disabled or not, doesn't matter. Everybody deserves a chance.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

21 Aug 2010, 8:21 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:

Why wouldn't PETA members support humans?

That's like saying abolitionists didn't "support" whites?

:roll:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 2:18 pm

jamesongerbil wrote:

Because the whole point of animal liberation is to support non-human animals. I think.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:19 pm

I'm Pro-life for every child that is conceived.