Page 4 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 2:39 pm

It's unreasonable to demand that the world accords to your whims before you will cease campaigning for the return of measles epidemics.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 2:59 pm

lau wrote:
zendell wrote:
I'd save the rest of them with better sanitation and clean water.

No. I was quoting your own figures. You stated that 45% of the deaths due to measles were due to poor diet, etc. You stated that those deaths totalled 250,000. Therefore you stated that 300,000 died purely from measles.

You make all these statements. You need to befog the issues with hand-waving.

Wake me up when you have some genuine evidence.

Let me clarify. Poor nutrition (low levels of vitamin A) increases the death rate of those who get measles and the reduction in death rates after the measles vaccine was introduced in 3rd world countries was probably the result of them giving them vitamin A along with the vaccines.

Lau, you need to be objective and consider the facts. If vitamin A is known to reduce the death rate by 45% and a country startes measles vaccinations and vitamin A supplementation at the same time and the death rate is reduced by 45%, you can't honestly credit the vaccines with the decreased deaths from measles.

I was actually going to post something positive about vaccines and write that if nutrient supplements can't be provided, then vaccines would be a good option. That was before I read about what they did - starting vitamin A supplements at the same time as introducing the measles vaccine. I think a safe vitamin (when used correctly, of course) that only costs 2 cents per person is much better than a potentially dangerous vaccine (according to the vaccine manufacturers - they admit they are dangerous in their product insert) with questionable effectiveness.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

zendell wrote:
Lau, you need to be objective and consider the facts.

I'm waiting for you to give some, as usual.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 7:17 am

lau wrote:
It's unreasonable to demand that the world accords to your whims before you will cease campaigning for the return of measles epidemics.

This is hardly 'my whims', I think you'll find these are the reasonable concerns and 'demands' of the vast majority of people who refuse to vaccinate at present... and why would I campaign for the return of measles epidemics? I have yet to see any credible and unbiased evidence that the decline in measles was caused by immunisation anyway, and why would I want to see measles return? Or any disease for that matter?

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 10:04 am

I have no doubt that you will continue to find more excuses for your refusal to accept vaccination. You antisocially insist on encouraging the return of measles epidemics. You refuse to even try to understand the mechanisms involved.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:34 am

I'm not sure why out of all of the vaccinations, the topic here is about measles.

My kids are not vaxed and it has nothing to do with "vaxes cause autism."

I will never comply with the medical profession's rulings, especially those that decree my children should be injected with foreign substances that prevent relatively harmless or not-at-all-prevalent diseases/afflictions.

Oh, yeah, and hilarious: one of the vaccinated kids in my daughter's kindergarten class came to school with chicken pox a few months back :lol:

Hey, sign me up. sounds effective.

yet it's MY kids who are the dangerous trojan horse full of germs. Image

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 11:55 am

A pox here, a pox there!

Jaded, your kids will get it, sooner or later. My two younger kids did, just before the chicken pox vaccine was available. I had them too, and anyone who has had the disease is more at risk of getting shingles when older. Yuck.

I suppose it is your right and choice to vaccinate or not. But if your board of education complains, you will have to pull your kids from school. Of course you can home school them. Good luck.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 12:13 pm

sartresue wrote:
A pox here, a pox there!
Jaded, your kids will get it, sooner or later. My two younger kids did, just before the chicken pox vaccine was available. I had them too, and anyone who has had the disease is more at risk of getting shingles when older. Yuck.!

I eagerly await them to contract chicken pox. It's when you start vaccinating against such a thing that it becomes dangerous. Currently, the medical profession is unsure how long the varicela vaccine even lasts. Hence, when my children are older, they could contract shingles because they haven't had a full-blown case of chicken pox. Vaccinated children are at risk for shingles - even if they catch a mild case of chicken pox - because they don't have complete immunity to it. It is irresponsible. Also, the vaccine was marketed and added to the required vaxes because employers lost too much money when their female employees took the requisite 2 weeks off to care for children who had contracted the pox. Varicela is hardly lethal.

Quote:
I suppose it is your right and choice to vaccinate or not. But if your board of education complains, you will have to pull your kids from school. Of course you can home school them. Good luck.

I'm not sure what country you live in, but in the US, every state but one has a waiver of some kind (be it medical, philosophical or religious). In CA, we have all three. All that is required is signing the back side of the immunization form included in the school's registration packet. Of course, they are trained to tell you you absolutely MUST have your children vaccinated for them to attend public school. When you tell them that you are NOT vaccinating and you want the waiver, they change their tune. It is misleading and deceptive. Anything that I find as such is guaranteed to be rejected. I do not appreciate underhandedness or being treated like a sheep.

Last edited by Jaded on 20 Apr 2008, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 12:27 pm

THANK YOU, Jaded. A rare voice of reason.

I can't work out why you'd vaccinate when it always seems to be the vaccinated kids who get these things at least as much as the non-vaccinated ones. Whether or not you're vaccinated seems to have little to no bearing on whether or not you get the illness, so why would you bother jabbing them? It's just introducing foreign, toxic crap (and who knows what that isn't declared on the ingredients lists) and viruses that they don't need.

And yes, chicken pox vaccines... why on earth would you vaccinate against chicken pox?! It's a basic childhood illness, it's not exactly lethal, I have yet to hear of anyone with shingles - I didn't even realise it was related until I heard the american vaccine propaganda - and everyone I know has had the pox. In fact we still take babies and toddlers to play with infected toddlers so they'll get it early too!! It's just a rite of passage and it's not exactly dangerous.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 12:51 pm

LeKiwi,
I would say that it is illogical and a useless time-consuming effort to try to convince other members who are hellbent on propagating the desires of left-wing alarmists. I have seen eons wasted in this regard on other sites.

Stick to your own guns, do what you think is best for your children. That is all you can do.

I for one could care not that I am using the vaccinated populace to shield my own children from the ill-effects of direct vaccination. Mine have acquired passive immunity to several vaccinated-against illnesses simply by being in the vicinity of the recently vaccinated, I am sure.

Everyone else can go ahead and vaccinate until the cows come home. I am happy to tag along at the rear and reap the benefits in a noninvasive fashion Image

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:15 pm

Back on topic...

Jaded wrote:
I'm not sure why out of all of the vaccinations, the topic here is about measles.
That would be because Alex made it the topic.

Jaded wrote:
My kids are not vaxed ...
So you are in the ranks of those who wish a return to epidemics.

Jaded wrote:
...yet it's MY kids who are the dangerous trojan horse full of germs.
No. You and yours are the ones guaranteed to catch and spread measles, along with the 10% of failed vaccinations, and the genuine cases of children for whom a vaccination might be a problem.

By setting yourself above others, in refusing to vaccinate, you are encouraging the return of epidemic measles.

Why do you act as if this was not the case?

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:17 pm

Ah. Crossed posts. I see you do admit to being a parasite.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:28 pm

I can see this is important to you. I would suggest picket signs and boycotts.

I've heard that publicly setting yourself afire garners media attention as well.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 1:50 pm

Jaded wrote:
Oh, yeah, and hilarious: one of the vaccinated kids in my daughter's kindergarten class came to school with chicken pox a few months back :lol:

Hey, sign me up. sounds effective.

yet it's MY kids who are the dangerous trojan horse full of germs.

My whole school had rubella when I was about 7, myself included - and every one of us bar 3 were vaccinated!! (And no, they weren't the first to get it - amongst the last, actually). I'm half-vaccinated; I got a few, then my parents realised what the dangers were, and so I didn't get any more.

This is a brilliant example of the propaganda released by governments - a rebuttal with clear statistical and scientific evidence that a vaccine given to nearly all New Zealand children a few years ago (recently scrapped) was useless, ineffective, unnecessary (as the 'epidemic' had already ceased), toxic, and dangerous.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/GE0804/S00091.htm

A good read. ;)

lau
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:02 pm

Scoop isn't picky about what they print. Who is "Ron Law"? Why is the graph unreadable? The article doesn't really say much. What has it got to do with measles?

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:13 pm