03 Nov 2010, 9:26 pm

Squirrelrat wrote:
OMG, this is so true! XD

Either Data or Spock has my vote.

AL1958
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Dec 2010, 5:56 pm

I have posted a Aspie icon Aspie logo Aspie slogan Aspie symbol Aspie sign on my blog spot. You can find it by doing an image search of Aspie icon Aspie logo Aspie slogan Aspie symbol Aspie sign. I am not yet permitted to post a link to it here, since I did not meet the 3 post minimum.

AL1958
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Dec 2010, 5:54 pm

I have two proposals for an Aspie symbol. One would be the one I use as my avatar here. It can be found in a goodie search or googoo image search with the phrase "Aspie symbol". Otherwise, I suggest the emoticon where the mouth is a straight horizontal line like a hyphen. Maybe this will show up: :- What say you? I would like to know. Also, please visit my Aspie blog spot

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2010, 12:54 pm

Tan that turns darker brown at the edges. Like a siamese cat.

AL1958
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2010, 2:19 pm

Aspies are hyperlexic. They are obsessed with language and words in their struggle for communication. They are more closed off from other forms of communication, and therefore dependent on a directly intellectual form. This is a somewhat synthesized or artificial representative tool of words, as opposed to facial expressions or intonation. We hold these words and letters sacred, and its communication very seriously. We do not engage in the blasphemous or careless use of language as does the Neuro-Typical (NT). In our frustration to make sense of our world we depend on literal meanings. We concentrate on the specific details at the cost of seeing the big picture. We study details to find evidence that show us the facts and truth. By doing so, we see things typical people do not notice. This is just as we do not see the subtleties in physical or verbal expressions of NTs. It is for these reasons that I submit for your approval, my logo or and symbol. I call it "ASPIE = ALtERNativE Reasoning" I use it as my Avatar to identify me. If you are an Aspie you are more likely to be able to decipher why, by using your alternative reasoning. Can you figure it out?

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2010, 4:43 pm

How about the Penrose Triangle as the symbol for Asperger's?

On page 459 of The Dino Cafe thread I made the comment about the puzzle piece
being made into our "Yellow Star of David".

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 6:52 pm

^ too secret society-ish don't cha thinkg?

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 6:43 pm

(Que original Star Trek Fight Music!)
In all seriousness, I have no idea. I saw that the Aspies For Freedom had embraced the infinity symbol (sideways 8.) I am of little opinion. I just really like the Klingons.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 6:50 pm

Yeah, that seems a little secret society. On the other hand, I see it as representing the Triad. In other news, I really like the song, Triad, by Tool, off of their Lateralus album.

I don't think we're all hyperlexic... I'm more obsessed with concepts than words. Like the fractal. That should be our symbol! It's like the same as the Aspies for Freedom one, and representative of patterns and patterns and patterns, is definitive of the Power Law, which is like the Normal Curve, and....by any number you multiply it by, it's always the same. Which is the Power law. It's reflective in nature through various natural phenomena, like trees and snowflakes, and veggies, which are good for you. But...okay, probably not the best symbol for us.
But, there is so much diversity. Can we really agree on a symbol?
I like penguins and Data. Can we give Data a penguin, and that can be our symbol?

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jan 2011, 11:14 pm

computerlove wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Puzzle pieces=Autism

and be related to the autismspeaks douchebags?

I use the puzzle piece as an out line for my movement logo (it also contains a peace sign, the two symbols are faded into one another.) my movement for worldwide acceptence is called Puzzle Peace. :)

theexternvoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jan 2011, 4:11 pm

How about a winged sandal since mercury from vaccines is the cause of Asperger's?

(That's meant to be a joke.)

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2011, 4:20 pm

theexternvoid wrote:
How about a winged sandal since mercury from vaccines is the cause of Asperger's?

(That's meant to be a joke.)
I got the joke. I love the pun.

AL1958
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2011, 11:41 pm

It is interesting that in the emoticons offered to insert into this reply, is not a popular one that I propose should be the universal Aspie symbol. It is sometimes produced merely by typing these two characters combined: :| This is a colon and a vertical bar. The resulting emoticon of symbol is a horizontal line for a mouth, representing no facial emotion show. If I have posted here enough, maybe this time I can post a jpg of what I am referring to.

AL1958
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2011, 11:44 pm

It is interesting that in the emoticons offered to insert into this reply, is not a popular one that I propose should be the universal Aspie symbol. It is sometimes produced merely by typing these two characters combined: :| This is a colon and a vertical bar. The resulting emoticon of symbol is a horizontal line for a mouth, representing no facial emotion show. If I have posted here enough, maybe this time I can post a jpg of what I am referring to.

JadeEyes
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2011, 2:03 pm

i remember seeing a youtube video about another aspie who discribed his condition as being "not qentirely autism, but not entirely NT either..." that placed an image of the chinese yin and yang symbol in my mind , so maybe we could use that as a symbol, only we could make the dark parts of the symbol multicolored, to represent the "spectrum" i also read alot about people being able to make out patterns in just about everything, so maybe we could try something like a circle with a pattern chain running inside it...