Autism in Polyvagal Terms: New Possibilities and Interventio

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 7:06 pm

Rice Lake author to discuss new book on the autism experience

Quote:
Rice Lake author will be presenting his book on autism in Eau Claire later this month.

The presentation, Autism in Polyvagal Terms: A Groundbreaking Discussion about the Autism Experience, will take place on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 2 Roots Gallery, 214 Barstow St. in Eau Claire.

Therapist Tamilyn White hosts a discussion with Rice Lake's Sean Inderbitzen, author of the recently released book "Autism in Polyvagal Terms: New Possibilities and Interventions" published by Norton Professional Books.

Temple Grandin writes, “'Autism in Polyvagal Terms' will explain why many autistic people have so much anxiety. My nervous system was reacting as if I were in a jungle surrounded by dangerous predators. This book will give therapists a framework to understand how the autistic nervous system is related to many autistic behaviors.”

The book offers new possibilities and interventions, making it an essential read for behavioral health and health care professionals with autistic clients, as well as individuals with autism and their families.

Inderbitzen, DSW, LCSW, is an autistic psychotherapist and researcher with Mayo Clinic Health System. He is dedicated to training health care professionals to be more confident and effective when working with people on the spectrum.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2024, 7:12 pm

I did a 15-hour polyvagal treatment program with my occuptional therapist, for ASD and PTSD.