Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 11:49 am

'Trolls try to insult me with "autistic" comment – but I turned tables on them

Quote:
Italian model Alexis Mucci clapped back at haters who tried to insult her by calling her "autistic" – turning the tables in a powerful viral video.

The 36-year-old OnlyFans sensation, famed for her steamy content and scantily-clad tours of Europe's hotspots, recently made waves with a clip featuring her and fellow model Martina Visamara near Paris's iconic Eiffel Tower. The duo, dressed in crop tops and mini skirts, left onlookers gobsmacked.

However, some keyboard warriors tried to knock Alexis down a peg by hurling "autistic" as a slur in the comments. In the clip, which has gained more than 26,000 likes, she hit back at trolls, saying: "You know what? This was funny because actually, yes, I'm autistic.“

“Even if I'm autistic, I'm able to see that we are working and dressing pretty normal in the video. We are just fine. But you know what is not actually fine?

It's not fine that you're trying to bring me down using this word. Is autism something that me or anyone else should be ashamed of? I don't think so.

"But the funniest part is that you're pretending to be a better person than me, with higher moral values or whatever, but you're here, leaving these comments." She continued in her caption: "Needed to say it out loud this time."

In her comments section, the model shared her experience of being diagnosed with autism as an adult after her daughter's assessment. It's highlighted that although Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is generally identified in children, many women discover it later in life.

Many Instagram fans have since taken to the comments to show their support. One user said: "Autistic babes standing strong. Love this for us," while another added: "As an autistic woman total support, I'm so happy to see another woman from my sector speaking about it without shame."

Someone else penned: "Thank you for speaking publicly about being autistic. How autism presents in women is MASSIVELY misunderstood and it really helps to have as many women as possible from all different walks of life speak openly about being autistic — thank you."

:D :D :D :D

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 1:18 pm

How can one own autism? Is autism for sale? I don't get it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 1:20 pm

Nice!

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 1:26 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
She "owned" the troll.

"Owning" someone is a slang expression that means putting them in their place with a good comeback to an attempted insult.

She "Owned" Autism-As-Insult Trolls.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 1:53 pm

bee33 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
She "owned" the troll.

"Owning" someone is a slang expression that means putting them in their place with a good comeback to an attempted insult.

She "Owned" Autism-As-Insult Trolls.

Terms are funny in America. :D

ShwaggyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Sep 2024, 3:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

'owning' autism is an american slang term. Owning your autism translates to being completely aware and accepting of your autism and that nothing anyone else says or does can change that. Ownership means I'm not ashamed, embarrassed, or trying to hide my autism and that other peoples negative opinions don't have the negative effect they desire.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 7:36 pm

ShwaggyD wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

'owning' autism is an american slang term. Owning your autism translates to being completely aware and accepting of your autism and that nothing anyone else says or does can change that. Ownership means I'm not ashamed, embarrassed, or trying to hide my autism and that other peoples negative opinions don't have the negative effect they desire.

Is an odd use of english.

Is like the term "My bad" which is only half of a sentence. As "My bad" what?

Here in the UK some rather dull people started saying "How good is that?" but they never complete the statement by actually telling you if it is good or not as the case may be so one does not buy it if one has seen it in an advert as one does not know and one is waiting to be told! It gives a nagative view on the product or item because one expects the worst and thinks "Uhoh!" Which is a lot like those adverts that try and promote the very things one fully well knows that certain companies fail at! (If they tried promoting the things their companies are actually good at it will remind us of them and it puts us in a good frame of mind about the company, but this recent trend to promote the bad things about the company make us think "AVOID" as it has just reminded us what we didn't like the last time we went there!

I remember having a very confusing conversation when I was working a train with young American man who was obviously over on holiday with one of hs British friends and he asked "What's happening dude?"
I was a bit puzzled why he asked that so I said "We are on a train heading to Swansea..." and he interupted me and said "Say what?"
Rather puzzled I daid "What" like he asked me to and he seemed puzzled and said "Say what?" again! So I said " What", and he asked me to say "What" again! So I said "What!"
He found me as puzzling as I found him as he didn't have a clue how to speak the langauge! He then couldn't stop laughing! :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2024, 8:48 pm

Wikipidia

Quote:
Owned is a slang word that originated in the 1990s among hackers where it referred to "rooting" or gaining administrative control over someone else's computer.

Owned has now spread beyond computer and gaming contexts and become part of standard slang, especially in social media, and is typically used to signify severe defeat or humiliation, usually in an amusing way or through the dominance of an opposing party, in diverse contexts ranging from sports to politics.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ShwaggyD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2024, 5:38 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
ShwaggyD wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Here in the UK some rather dull people started saying "How good is that?" but they never complete the statement by actually telling you if it is good or not as the case may be so one does not buy it if one has seen it in an advert as one does not know and one is waiting to be told! It gives a nagative view on the product or item because one expects the worst and thinks "Uhoh!" Which is a lot like those adverts that try and promote the very things one fully well knows that certain companies fail at! (If they tried promoting the things their companies are actually good at it will remind us of them and it puts us in a good frame of mind about the company, but this recent trend to promote the bad things about the company make us think "AVOID" as it has just reminded us what we didn't like the last time we went there!

I remember having a very confusing conversation when I was working a train with young American man who was obviously over on holiday with one of hs British friends and he asked "What's happening dude?"
I was a bit puzzled why he asked that so I said "We are on a train heading to Swansea..." and he interupted me and said "Say what?"
Rather puzzled I daid "What" like he asked me to and he seemed puzzled and said "Say what?" again! So I said " What", and he asked me to say "What" again! So I said "What!"
He found me as puzzling as I found him as he didn't have a clue how to speak the langauge! He then couldn't stop laughing! :D

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2024, 12:08 pm

ShwaggyD wrote:

Your reactions sound very autistic :D

Say wot?

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2024, 3:14 am

Computer geeks don't use 'owned'. They use 'pwned'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet#Owned_and_pwned

JamesW
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Sep 2024, 3:17 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

I particularly hate the phrase 'Yeah no'. I mean, which is it?