mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 4:01 pm

reading up about the uk(ware i live)
they are not happy at dsm 5

what be the point if we are just going to be murged with classic autism
this would ruin future development in technology

i think its time to take a stand agnest this we need to join up to get any chance of saving AS
its time to get this issue noticed
we may have to face enbassment doing this but it be worth it to save AS

we need to get this in the newspapers and tv before its too late

please reply if you want to join us.

thank you
Matthew Morgan

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 6:26 pm

How would it ruin future developments in technology? You do realise that it's just a slightly different label and not a forced rewiring of people's brains, right? And that people with Asperger's are not the only ones who can be good with technology?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 6:45 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
How would it ruin future developments in technology? You do realise that it's just a slightly different label and not a forced rewiring of people's brains, right? And that people with Asperger's are not the only ones who can be good with technology?

1. because the people who may do good for the furture may be not giveing the things to work at full protetal and they might not be getting the help for AS

You do realise that it's just a slightly different label and not a forced rewiring of people's brains, right?
yes i do.
people with Asperger's are not the only ones who can be good with technology?
alot of the tech we use today is thought to be from people with AS

being put under a autistic disorder scale is not going to be good.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 7:00 pm

mmcool wrote:
we need to join up

That's the whole reason I support uniting with classical autism in solidarity.

Ellingtonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 May 2012, 8:07 pm

mmcool wrote:

Asperger's is already considered a type of autism, has been for a long time.

mmcool wrote:

It's already been in newspapers and TV, and I think it's already too late

The whole point of the DSM is to give doctors and researchers a set of universal definitions to use, so that if one doctors says "this person has X disorder" another doctor will have a fairly good idea of what to expect. The problem is that professionals find it hard to agree on the distinction between classic autism and asperger's, borderline cases may get one diagnosis from one doctor and the other from a second. Joining the two diagnoses with a severity scale is intended to help this.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 1:36 am

mmcool wrote:
reading up about the uk(ware i live)
they are not happy at dsm 5

what be the point if we are just going to be murged with classic autism
this would ruin future development in technology

i think its time to take a stand agnest this we need to join up to get any chance of saving AS
its time to get this issue noticed
we may have to face enbassment doing this but it be worth it to save AS

please reply if you want to join us.

thank you
Matthew Morgan

How this is going to ruin future development in technology is beyond me. I'm an Air Force Officer, and the last I checked, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is doing nicely, they're working the bugs out of the F-22 Raptor, and my computer still works.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

FalsettoTesla
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 3:08 am

mmcool wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

1. because the people who may do good for the furture may be not giveing the things to work at full protetal and they might not be getting the help for AS

You do realise that it's just a slightly different label and not a forced rewiring of people's brains, right?
yes i do.
people with Asperger's are not the only ones who can be good with technology?
alot of the tech we use today is thought to be from people with AS

I strongly dislike what you're implying.

You do realise that if anything, being diagnosed with Autism rather than Aspergers will garner more help, not less. Also, that people with Autism aren't automatically shunned and disqualified from life. You seem to be implying, and if that's not your intention you should correct it, that if you have a dx of Autism rather than Aspergers you will end up doing less and contributing less to society.

That's just not true.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 3:13 am

Oh no it would be far to embarrassing to be put in the same category as others with more sever autism. We have to try and stay as divided as possible because for all means they might think we're all ret*ds. :roll: Well you know what screw them, I am pretty sure lower functioning autistics need some representation as well. Trying to pretend like they have some other disorder is ridiculous...to me how they are changing the DSM makes sense.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 4:00 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Oh no it would be far to embarrassing to be put in the same category as others with more sever autism. We have to try and stay as divided as possible because for all means they might think we're all ret*ds. :roll: Well you know what screw them, I am pretty sure lower functioning autistics need some representation as well. Trying to pretend like they have some other disorder is ridiculous...to me how they are changing the DSM makes sense.
your slowly and surely turning into this forum best thinker showing that those who claim that the politics of autism must be divided are wrong.i like the fact that you can argue agaisnt the hardcore wing of the autism supremists without coming across as a curebee.very independent