Some individuals do not believe they have another parent in

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:38 pm

I heard this comment yesterday, a simply message but extremely powerful " some individuals do not believe they have another parent in the sky" for many reasons, some simply think more logically, scientifically or otherwise. Most individuals believe in some greater power within the bigger picture of the universe, so I wonder why different religions create the biggest disharmony often in the world!

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 7:33 pm

So, is there a question here, or is it just another "God people are stupid" thread?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 8:46 pm

sacrip wrote:
So, is there a question here, or is it just another "God people are stupid" thread?

don't 'God people' think all people are from God? or just some of them?

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 8:49 pm

Religions create disharmony because the teach people how to think and act, and they often conflict with one another. The biggest issue is that this isn't just a disagreement in economic philosophy - the arguments challenge people's most deeply held beliefs, such as the plan of god and the afterlife. People get very clingy about such things. And people think I'm psychologically unstable? :roll:

Humanity could choose to value life and individual's judgment, and rise out of the muck to actually accomplish things... but it never will. Evidently the choice is too hard. When your religious leader tells you to kill people for any reason, you could always say "no." But instead, people push the button, and may later make the excuse that god or the devil made them do it. A movie that I think did a good job of showing this was Cube Zero.

But they do not have me

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 11:16 pm

Debates god wise not going their 8O as often seem to become an issue, but mostly when others want to impose their ideas and not listen or join in the discussion... But so agree the most important thing is for each individual not to judge others, what ever difference!