koreanamerican
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Apr 2009, 10:08 am

i.e pink ribbon = breast cancer
pink triangle = glbt
red ribbon = AIDS
???? = Asperger

hopefully free and public domain, not copyrighted or a subject of legal disputes/lawsuits trademarks
one that can be recognized in almost any language anywhere (Brittian US Germany Sweden Korea Japan Africa Mexico)
not offensive, or otherwise tasteful.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 12:40 pm

Puzzle pieces=Autism

How about the outline of a hand?

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 2:40 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Puzzle pieces=Autism

and be related to the autismspeaks douchebags?

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 4:03 pm

I like the infinity knot. Aspies for freedom use it though and I'm not so keen on them. I still like the idea of it being the universal symbol for AS, though.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

gbollard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 7:06 pm

I want something that says ...

We're not puzzles to be figured out.
We're creative
We're people
Live with it.

How about a take on the chinese symbol for evolution - ie: someone care to take it and do some photoshopping for it to make it look creative and loved?

Forgot the URL

http://www.chinese-symbols.com/e-chinese-symbol-for-evolution

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Apr 2009, 7:43 pm

I suggest a blue ribbon with fluffy white clouds, since our minds are as broad as the bright blue sky.

Master_Shake
Toucan
Toucan

27 Apr 2009, 8:52 pm

Hopefully not a guy flapping his hand up against his chest.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 11:03 am

Cat's eye formation would be very unique and not already used by another organization:

http://www.astrofoto.es/NGC6543HSTcrop.jpg

It could be very easily put into a monochrome symbol.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2009, 1:51 pm

Master_Shake wrote:

Oh man that was exactly my idea!
lol only jokin

maybe an eye with the iris being all different colours, like a "spectrum"

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2009, 12:10 am

MONKEY wrote:
Master_Shake wrote:

Oh man that was exactly my idea!
lol only jokin

maybe an eye with the iris being all different colours, like a "spectrum"

now that is GOOD!

Merle

enchantedsleeper
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2009, 5:05 am

gbollard wrote:
I want something that says ...

We're not puzzles to be figured out.
We're creative
We're people
Live with it.

How about a take on the chinese symbol for evolution - ie: someone care to take it and do some photoshopping for it to make it look creative and loved?

Forgot the URL

http://www.chinese-symbols.com/e-chinese-symbol-for-evolution

*frown* Why Chinese? Is Asperger's Syndrome confined to China? I like the 'evolution' idea but it's like how people get tattoos in Mandarin or Kanji just because they look 'cool'. They can't actually read, write or speak the language; if they're lucky they know what the tattoo means, but some don't even know that much. :roll:

I really like the idea of the 'spectrum eye' though, particularly because I have a thing for eyes xD The Cat's Eye formation would be very unique but perhaps a bit hard to make into a recognisable symbol?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 8:52 am

enchantedsleeper wrote:

*frown* Why Chinese? Is Asperger's Syndrome confined to China? I like the 'evolution' idea but it's like how people get tattoos in Mandarin or Kanji just because they look 'cool'. They can't actually read, write or speak the language; if they're lucky they know what the tattoo means, but some don't even know that much. :roll:

and they only have the tatto artists word that it is what it actually says. I remember at the University of Minnesota a Chinese guy laughing over a tat he saw on a young woman walking down the street. I just had to know and he said the character said 'sneeking weasle' or some such!

Merle

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2009, 9:14 am

299.80 for AS/PDD-NOS, and 299.00 for AD

That's the coding of the labels from the DSM-IV-TR. It's nice and orderly, factual and mechanical, and totally logical.

(Yes, yes, 'I'm am not a number! I am a man!' But, live with it if you have it.)

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:41 pm

You know what? The first image that comes to my attention is that of the jews having to wear stars on their sleeves during the Third Reich. Look, we are not diseased individuals who need to be labeled like the Nazi's thought of the jews. I am witnessing an increased amount of shenanigans and stunts by the autism community, such as "aspie-pride", theories about autists being descendants of Atlantians and god knows what else.
If anything, it only aids in the reinforcement of negative stereotypes and stigmas.

The only way to make the public aware of our capabilities and wonderful potential as equal human beings is to prove that we are not some nutcases that need to be labeled with something. It is not a disease - but merely a difference in function. To blow it out of proportion by attaching to it some symbol makes it a disease on the same level as those which the inspiration such a symbol came from in the first place: Cancer, AIDS and other diseases.

I am working very hard to enlighten the public about the truth about Asperger Syndrome and its manifestations. Is that not what we all wish to experience? Being regarded as equal to those around us. Look, place anyone under the scope of "professionals" today and they will receive a diagnosis. Take the time machine back a hundred years and they will receive none. Why?
Society creates the diagnosis. Our current society demands things of the citizen that it did not a hundred years ago. Do people change genetics radically in that amount of time? No!

I am writing a book that is covering this in depth. Anyone can PM me if they would like to contribute in any way.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2009, 5:47 pm

Revenant wrote:
I am witnessing an increased amount of shenanigans and stunts by the autism community, such as "aspie-pride", theories about autists being descendants of Atlantians and god knows what else.
If anything, it only aids in the reinforcement of negative stereotypes and stigmas.

That atlantis theory is pretty rediculous, I read about it on the internet and I was like WTF is this. No wonder there are trolls that take the piss out of us all the time. So with all these over the top radical aspies around people will think we're all like that.

Aldebaran
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 May 2009, 6:26 pm

I have made this for an aspie Facebook group, but they show no interest, so you can have it if you like.

I have copied the puzzle piece from somewhere else and modified it, changed direction and colours, made the pattern, made each one individual and changed the file size to 130x128 pix.

I hope that you like it.

How about an asp tree? who can dislike that?(boring) 128x197 pix

Image Snaped from this: Image 8)

P.S: "Your soul comes from some other planet!" a Clairvoyant told me, and I was told, in a dream, that Aldebaran, was my home Sun. It feels right to me, but it does not matter, if anyone else believes it. I also feel at home, here at WrongPlanet 8)

Last edited by Aldebaran on 04 May 2009, 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.