Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspetta
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Feb 2009, 1:49 pm

Hey peeps, I have a question for ya:

Has anyone tried Colonix to see if it makes a difference in your AS or symptoms related???? I am getting my tax return money soon and I am seriously considering it, just to see if it makes a difference in how I feel. In the past I have tried all kinds of health regimes (I don't mean fad diets and de-tox, I mean balanced diets with exercise) and nothing seems to work - plus, I've read about the link between Asperger's and Candida in the digestive system and that maybe it's because our digestive systems aren't absorbing enough nutrients...

Now there are some really disgusting pictures of what comes out of you when you're on the Colonix treatment LOL I have a theory that all the crap they put into the food (caramel coloring in Soda, preservatives, etc.) is what's sticking to the walls of the intestines and it blocks your body from being able to absorb nutrients out of your food...

Well - I'm thinking about putting it together with Acai berries (like the ad on how to lose weight) or some of those natural remedies to help ease asperger's - so wish me luck! :) And I promise I will report back to y'all and let you know if it made a difference..

Love,
Naty.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 4:49 pm

It is basically a con.

If you have an outbreak of Candida (yeast) colon cleansing will make f**k all difference. How do you figure it would work? First of all it only concerns a small part of you GI tract and all you are doing is breaking down your stools. If humans had no flora in the GI we would be dead, in other words you can’t survive without it. Yes it is true that it can get out of balance, but colonix has nothing to do with restoring that balance whatsoever.

Your GI tract has a range of flora. Candida is one of them and there is other yeast and bacterial too, it just needs to be at sensible levels. First you need to be sure that you actually have an imbalance in the first place.

Acai berry is not that special. It has some anti-oxidant properties as do most colourful berries. Do not be conned into paying over the odds to hyped up miracle cure companies. You can get it comparatively cheep at the supermarket.

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2009, 8:04 pm

8O Have you ever seen the machines they use for this, it is like a washing machine for your colon. No thanks, could never get me close to that. On a serous note, there can be very serous side effects with that. I am note to sure of the odds of them happening, I guess it would depend on how good the person doing it is, but for instance you can get a very serous electrolyte imbalance, or a bowel rupture, or rectal tissue tear. Also, like O said, striping out all the good bacteria leaves room for many more serious problems. To me the risks don't seem like it would be worth it, but what ever floats your boat, people seem to do a lot riskier things with there colons.

Todd