Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:19 pm

Has anyone considered what is in a White Castle Slider patty? Supposedly it is supposed to be 80% ground beef, but what is the other 20% that causes these burgers to work like a laxative? Well, though this is just speculation, I speculate that the remaining 20% isn't fat as normal, but instead pork, chicken, turkey, Asgard, and squirrel.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 1:41 pm

it's only human

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2010, 3:19 pm

Last time I had a White Castle burger was over 40 years ago.

Nice to see ~something~ has remained constant in the universe. :wink:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 2:28 am

White Castle mini-burgers (I don't really like the term "sliders") do a number on my digestive system. Not so much a laxative, but they give me massive gas and occasionally slight stomachaches. I generally stay away from those things, unless I'm drunk, have no other options, or in the extremely rare cases I get a craving. Or simply as a homage to the Harold and Kumar movie.

With all that said, their other foods are pretty good, and my body can handle them with no problems. I like their chicken rings (even though the product name sounds a little bizarre), french fries, onion rings, or mozzarella sticks. I haven't tried any of their fish products and don't plan to, although the pulled pork sandwiches they've been advertising lately sound kind of nice.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 3:41 am

We don't have White Castle here in Canada, it sounds so greasy and trashy, I must have some

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2010, 4:25 am

Friskeygirl wrote:
We don't have White Castle here in Canada, it sounds so greasy and trashy, I must have some

Beware the burgers. But yeah, like Aspie1 said, the chicken rings are fairly good.

black220
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jan 2010, 5:57 pm

Be glad there are no white castles in Canada. They're the nastiest "burgers" I've ever had. In fact, I don't know if I've ever been able to finish an entire one. My friends are crazy about them, and I've tried them at least 5 times. I just take one bite and spit it out. I think it's the soggy texture that ruins it for me.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 12:04 am

I've worked at their headquarters! :D

I never dealt with the food side of their operation but it reminds me of a steak-um with onions diced in, onions on top, and the usual toppings. I'd imagine its the onions that lend their burgers to being a 24 hour experience.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2010, 12:05 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Beware the burgers. But yeah, like Aspie1 said, the chicken rings are fairly good.

The sweet potato fries are ace as well.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jan 2010, 5:59 pm

They are called "belly bombs" and "gut grenades" for a reason.....