Is there any tips on how to develop a habit

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2011, 12:48 pm

I need some tips on how to develop a good workout habit. I have always have had some really problems keep going. I start a few times then I forget or avoid it. I think it would help finding a partner but cant seem to find one or know were to look.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

takes something like 25 days to make or break a habit. Repetition is the key. Do what you want to become your habit every day for a month.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 4:21 pm

I found just making sure I chose something I like to do and to do it for twenty minutes each day (circumstances permitting). For me it was a dancing game for the wii, I work up a sweat and generally have fun, there are days that I don't feel like doing it but I tell myself I'll feel better once I've done it and that helps motivate me on off days.

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2011, 7:38 pm

jedi I will take note on that.. Lost Alien I hear yeah I tried that with EA sports active 2... I did it for 2 months in and out and then stoped... the exersises bored me too much repitition. I do Cycling all the time but I need to stregthen my core and my arms to make me take hills and ride longer...

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 1:50 am

Have a plan and a goal in mind.

For instance, running, I've always had a race that I've been training for, and after trying really hard to just run (can't see how people do that without anything) I've started making time goals and such to keep my mind and body challenged. It's all about having a goal...your body will not react if you just want to do something, at least, it won't be easy to make it a habit.

Secondly, you need a plan. When I train for races or just for PR's, I need distances, times, and such. Then I write it out all on my calender. You probably need to find some kind of running plan (or whatever exercise) plan online.

Thirdly, it needs to be at the same time of the day.

If you have any questions about running, feel free to PM me! :)