Autism / Asperger's Improved by Taurine?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Stauffenberg
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2012, 3:03 pm

The amino acid taurine is part of a supplement cocktail that has vastly improved my quality of life. Taurine has completely removed my anxiety. Has anyone else here tried? If so what were your experiences?

There's info all over the web, but here's a brief summary for easy access.

Ellingtonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2012, 9:02 pm

Taurine is in the energy drink I have occasionally, 2000mg a can. I don't really notice any drastic changes apart from an (actually quite mild) energy boost, but then I've never had much of a problem with anxiety.

Stauffenberg

15 Aug 2012, 3:00 am

You get no effect from now and then drinking a softdrink containing Taurine. You need to take it for at least 10-14 days to feel its effect. I take a 500 mg capsule morning and noon each day.

The 2000 mg in some softdrinks are way too much to take at once, although it might be the correct dose (divided in smaller doses throughout the day) for some indivduals (consult your doctor). Also I doubt the taurine in a softdrink is as effective or pure as the one contained in high quality supplements.

Mishra2012
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2012, 7:58 am

I know when I drink neurosonic or neurobliss I feel it; makes me feel great. They don't work so well if I am feeling too low; actually gives me a headache sometimes at that point.

I had the wrong impression of taurine; thought it helped add muscle. I just read about on a few sites and it helps with circulation, antioxidant and helps with other minerals/proteins in the body. It's good for the heart so I read; I will try this for sure.

What improvements have you noticed? Autism/Aspergers might have a genetic link so this most likely only helps with some of the traits/side effects.

Stauffenberg

17 Aug 2012, 8:24 am

Mishra2012 wrote:
What improvements have you noticed? Autism/Aspergers might have a genetic link so this most likely only helps with some of the traits/side effects.

Mainly dispelling anxiety over trifles and lowered discomfort with eye copntact.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 8:55 am

I think I will try this... Currently slow release 5-HTP in the night to sleep and morning to ease stress and mood has helped me a lot but I am totally open to more ease of mind! Thanks...

zenstrive
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2016, 7:10 pm

I am sorry to ressurect old thread, but can anyone verify any good effects of Taurine on toddlers with minimum eye contacts and hyperactivities?