Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

starcats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 12:33 pm

Does anyone else look ahead at restaurant menus when going out? I am so picky about what I eat nutrition-wise that I can't handle making a decision on the spot, especially if it involves trying to socially interact with a friend for lunch or dinner. I just realized most people probably don't do that and they actually read the menu in the restaurant.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 12:48 pm

I definitely do that! Especially if traveling. We search for restaurants and narrow it down to a particular restaurant. Then we look at the menu on the website and decide what we want.

There is generally way too much going in in a restaurant for me to focus fully on the menu to my liking and it would take me far too long to do that since I want to look at everything on the menu sometimes multiple times before making my selection.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 1:04 pm

Yes, I'll often find a menu online and choose what I want ahead of time!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2018, 4:03 pm

Sometimes. Especially if I'm not sure if they have gluten-free options or not.

But usually, I will pour over it in person, and just be the last person to order.

Speaking of menus, I hate the new TV menus that all fast food places have. I'll see something that I want, and before I get a chance to read it, it has changed to a video of sizzling bacon or splashing beverages or whatever. So I have to wait for it to come back around again =|

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Jul 2018, 5:31 pm

starcats wrote:
Does anyone else look ahead at restaurant menus when going out? I am so picky about what I eat nutrition-wise that I can't handle making a decision on the spot, especially if it involves trying to socially interact with a friend for lunch or dinner. I just realized most people probably don't do that and they actually read the menu in the restaurant.

Hey Starcat,
The only thing important to me is that the restaurant has some decent vegan options. I'm only very nutrition aware with my regular home dinners. Dinning in a restaurant is more about coziness and being with friends, nutrition is then less important.

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

Windigo
Raven
Raven

05 Aug 2018, 11:14 am

I do look ahead at the menu, to make sure that the selection appeals to me.

I don´t usually choose beforehand, I am curious with food and like to try new things. But I do avoid restaurants with spelling mistakes on their menus, or creative names for their dinner like ´fishermans plate´ for their fish and chips because that usually aren´t the best places.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2018, 6:52 pm

I do, all the time, though I usually know what I am getting.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CloudArgonaut
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Aug 2018, 9:04 am

If I'm choosing the restaurant, I'll rarely choose one that does not have a menu online. I like to know what they have and the price range.