Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 1:20 pm

boxxarom wrote:
I know! This one girl comes in sometimes and says she wants to spar, but she never follows through :? You'll get better with time and practice. Just work hard at it!

That's a shame... You should make her. :twisted: And I'm pretty much someone to 'go easy' on because most people at my club are muscley 6'something semi-pro's and I'm a 5'3 fifteen year old girl... Hmmm. :P I still can't wait to compete though. :)

starry123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

I love boxing! The only thing I struggle with sometimes is the mitt work with my coach because it is kind of hard to keep up with the constant and quick changes in the routine while hitting the mitts.

iSpeedy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

I have never boxed but I want to so badly. One day it just occurred to me how much I wanted to. I told my mom, thinking she wouldn't like the idea, but she said yeah that would be great. But unfortunately I've never had the opportunity yet but I won't give up. Strenuous exercise really helps my body feel more "even", and think it would be good sport because I will have to rely on myself only. I'm a girl and I think it is cool for girls to box

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

iSpeedy wrote:
I have never boxed but I want to so badly. One day it just occurred to me how much I wanted to. I told my mom, thinking she wouldn't like the idea, but she said yeah that would be great. But unfortunately I've never had the opportunity yet but I won't give up. Strenuous exercise really helps my body feel more "even", and think it would be good sport because I will have to rely on myself only. I'm a girl and I think it is cool for girls to box

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-clas ... loves.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VINYL-PUNCHING- ... %26ps%3D54

This is the gear I have. I also have a medicine ball, punch mitts and jump rope as well, but this is a good start for a cheap home gym. You should also try typing "boxing gyms in (your state)" in google maps.
And yes, it is cool for girls to box :wink:

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2011, 6:55 pm

kittie wrote:
boxxarom wrote:
I know! This one girl comes in sometimes and says she wants to spar, but she never follows through :? You'll get better with time and practice. Just work hard at it!

That's a shame... You should make her. :twisted: And I'm pretty much someone to 'go easy' on because most people at my club are muscley 6'something semi-pro's and I'm a 5'3 fifteen year old girl... Hmmm. :P I still can't wait to compete though. :)

They don't have any flyweights or lightweights at your gym? REALLY? :tongue: lol What weight class are you?

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

Competed pro once, a few years ago. Bloodiest match I've seen. A bit political too.

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Aug 2011, 2:02 am

Because this is a boxing thread and wouldn't be complete without it, it's fantasy match time!

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Manny Pacquiao who would win?