Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DrPhil92
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2009, 1:40 pm

Anyone else my age feel like summertime is more stressful then the other seasons? I think I'm one of those people that cant enjoy something while it lasts and is already looking at the negatives of how many more days of summer we have left. Do i just have a bad perspective of things?

BadPuddle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2009, 1:50 pm

I often get low in the summer, like I am now. It lifts in September and I suspect it's because there are so many expectations in summer, people get grumpy when I don't want to join in, while in winter I can hibernate a bit more.

DrPhil92
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2009, 1:55 pm

Yeah. I think also, during the school year I tend to be more stressed with all the work assigned, and when Summer comes around, Its such a sudden change and I am not used to it.

RealTalk
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2009, 2:12 pm

Weird, I always get a bit blue in the winter because the weather is bad and no one ever wants to do anything else than hang around at bars or at home (or not at all).

c_l_j
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Jul 2009, 6:27 pm

Heheh, I thought I was the only one who got the summer blues! Its probaly beacuse 1: were not used to so much time to be idle after the school year lol 2: the seasons/weather changing 3: were out of the school routine, which really gets to us aspies

Bijou_Jewel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Jul 2009, 12:46 am

for me i hate the summer. why?

A. Sun up at 6am, sun down 9pm. Too much light.
B. It's hotter, I hate the heat.
C. Less rain. I love the sound of rain hitting my roof.
D. Everyone wants to do something and stay out late. I stay up late, but I want to be at my house where it can be dark.
E. Allergies. Need I say more.

Those are the main reasons, I have many others. I prefer the winter, everything is the opposite. Tis much nicer. :)

Greensmith

19 Jul 2009, 9:14 pm

I have the exact opposite problem. Winter (November to March) is difficult for me due to lack of sunlight. This is because I have seasonal affective disorder. I don't know if seasonal affective disorder can affect people in the summertime instead of the winter. If it does, that may be what you're experiencing.

strapshoechris
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2009, 8:39 am

I believe there really is such thing as the "summertime blues". In my case it sets in around the 4th of July. I don't like the noise of fireworks, or the extreme heat that usually arrives in this hemisphere around that time. Also my allergies flare up as cottonwood trees and so forth start dropping their stuff. I usually "get over it" by late August as my birthday approaches, temperatures moderate and the daylight period starts evening out.

michel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2009, 6:38 am

I HATE the Summer, but only because it's so miserable here in the desert. It's over 115 degrees every day. You get into a car and no amount of air conditioning can make it cool, it's an oven. The beach is gorgeous though, and only two hours away.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 12:00 pm

I'm miserable in the summer also because of the heat, the places I like to retreat to are overpopulated in the warmer months too. I end up sleeping all day and am up at night as I can get more done when its in the cool darkness. Not at all a summer person!!