Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TheBrain
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2011, 9:17 am

This is my first time writing anything on this site. Does anybody else have a hard time telling the difference between seizures and tics sometimes?

kaika_dragon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

I can see how that could be an issue. It isn't for me, but that's because in my case, seizures make me lose vision for a few seconds, whereas the tics I have are simple movements.

TheBrain
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2011, 8:55 am

Yeah, I think I've come to the conclusion that they are seizures. Sometimes it's just a quick jerk of the wrist and my neck tightens or my head turns and I make a fist, but other times I have to stop for a few seconds and let it run it's course. My neck tightens up, my head changes position, both of my wrists bend, I let out a little sigh or yawn, I feel differently afterward and I often forget what I was doing. I don't think that it could be both. It doesn't make any sense that tics would involve the exact same muscles as seizures unless tics are a small seizure, but I haven't found any material that suggests that.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:11 pm

Im not sure. I experience this too and am not sure if they are tics / involuntary spasms, or seizures. How do you know?
I went in for an EEG, and the doctor said it was not normal, but not terribly wrong either. What is that even supposed to mean? I am confused. I have the results from the test, might just take them to another doctor...

Or am I just being paranoid? I often am.

TheBrain
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

You got me. Like I said I don't even know if there is a difference. I think that a tic might just be a type of seizure.