Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

11 Feb 2013, 9:31 am

What is the best way to get rid of these? I take Magnesium, so I doubt it's a deficiency of that. I have a private bad habit that makes them worse, but that's not the only thing, and I am in the process of breaking this bad habit.

Can anyone recommend a cream, lotion, or something else to get rid of these. They are annoying.

http://pics.pof.com/dating/158/91/25rui ... 7004.2.jpg

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 10:34 am

They might be hereditary. If that's the case there's not much you can do. Otherwise, just do the basics--lots of hydration, lots of sleep,avoid alcohol, etc. I've never found a cream that does much,but DHC has some good products if you want to try that route.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 10:37 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
They might be hereditary. If that's the case there's not much you can do. Otherwise, just do the basics--lots of hydration, lots of sleep,avoid alcohol, etc. I've never found a cream that does much,but DHC has some good products if you want to try that route.

How about concealer? Is there a kind that doesn't make wrinkles worse?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 11:09 am

Try mineral foundation (powder). You can use a small brush to concentrate on darker areas, and you don't get a creased effect later in the day. Just from looking at your pic, I wouldn't be too worried about them. They don't come across as that noticeable on you. :)

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 11:47 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Try mineral foundation (powder). You can use a small brush to concentrate on darker areas, and you don't get a creased effect later in the day. Just from looking at your pic, I wouldn't be too worried about them. They don't come across as that noticeable on you. :)

That picture was taken after I spent 4 hours lying out in the sun. I think it is more noticeable at other times. I looked up mineral foundation, and it looks good. Thanks. Can you use concealer on top of it to get rid of the rest of the dark circles?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 11:47 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:

That picture was taken after I spent 4 hours lying out in the sun. I think it is more noticeable at other times. I looked up mineral foundation, and it looks good. Thanks. Can you use concealer on top of it to get rid of the rest of the dark circles? I'm honestly more concerned about the wrinkles than about the dark circles themselves.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 11:56 am

I wouldn't go any heavier than one layer. After that, the concealer will stick out like a sore thumb and might accentuate problems more than covering them up.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 12:25 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I wouldn't go any heavier than one layer. After that, the concealer will stick out like a sore thumb and might accentuate problems more than covering them up.

I haven't had good luck getting concealer that matched my skin color in the past. Maybe actually asking them to match it instead of saying "it's for my girlfriend" or trying to match it myself would be better. hehe

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 2:34 pm

Sometimes dark circles under the eyes can be what is called "allergic shiners". Do you have any problems with allergies?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2013, 4:29 pm

eric76 wrote:
Sometimes dark circles under the eyes can be what is called "allergic shiners". Do you have any problems with allergies?

Gluten maybe? But I didn't eat that when I was in China for a year, and I still had the dark circles with a completely different diet in other ways too. So I would guess not, unless it's an allergy to rice or some vegetable or peppers maybe.

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2013, 3:49 am

I get these too and thought it was caused by too much internet use.