Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Aspiegirl1993
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2013, 3:41 pm

Hey guys--- I have a cool mom, she works at a nursing home for the elderly as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) I am SO DARN BLESSED to have a nurse for a mom! Like, when I have something weird going on in my body, i would text her and say "hey I got/have _____________________. What do I do?" and my mom would text back something like this: "take 2 tylenol" (just an example). Wow.... I'm also overweight. Whenever we go to a sit-down restaurant, and I'm about to order a soda, (Soda's very bad for you, OK?) my mom interrupts me and suggest something more healthy like lemonade. Are any of you as lucky as me to have a nurse (RN, LPN, and the like) as a parent??? You should really thank them for what they do, if you have a parent who's a nurse.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 4:31 pm

I used to date a woman who always had a "better" idea for everything I said or did.

I quickly got tired of her constant nagging.

Aspiegirl1993
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

Ummmm... Ok 8O

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 6:03 pm

:lmao:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm

I think it would drive me crazy and I wouldn't enjoy our weekly lunches at a restaurant nearly as much if my mother told me what I can and cannot eat. I am also overweight and my mom isn't a nurse but she has been very weight-conscious and thin most of her life (she once told me when I was younger she was feeling very fat because she weighed over 120 lbs. I guess it's okay for her because she's small, but If I'd look like a skeleton at that weight!). I have been overweight nearly all my life and as a little girl she was constantly trying to make me lose weight. I wasn't raised on junk food, she always made sure we had fruit and veggies to snack on. But I got fat anyway and she tried everything to get me to be more active, forcing me to go outside on cold, dreary days where I'd be bored to tears. She first put me on a diet when I was around 8 and told me I was going to have a heart attack and die if I didn't lose weight. I also got a lot of "help" from my brother who was tall and also thin and could eat whatever he wanted. I seem to have inherited the "fat gene" or whatever from my dad who is also heavy and has a belly like he's in labor. :lol: But now she doesn't seem to be bothered my weight now, plus she's gotten heavier the past few years although she was very unhappy and was trying everything she could to lose it. Well anyway, the constant nagging would be too much and you're always hearing about mothers who are terrible and meddling in their adult children's lives so I'm pretty thankful.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 7:15 pm

Quote:
I'm about to order a soda, (Soda's very bad for you, OK?) my mom interrupts me and suggest something more healthy like lemonade.

Where I live, lemonade is a type of soda.
What does it refer to where you are?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 9:05 pm

My mother was an RN. She wasn't helpful though, she was overprotective, always looking for any sign of illness in me, and going completely overboard whenever she suspected something was wrong with me or something minor was wrong with me. She also has Borderline Personality Disorder though, so that's probably why.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com