Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 8:34 am

Yesterday, I had a beer at lunch. Dragonmead's Final Absolution which is an 8.5% beer.

This was a bad idea. I didn't know that there would be a drug interaction with the mood stabilizer I'm on.

I'm still sick today. I had not had an alcoholic drink since my vacation last year in August. That was before I started on the mood stabilizer.

I don't ever want to feel this way again, and I'm giving up alcohol for good. It's more important for me to have stabil moods than it is for me to get buzzed.

My concern is that I still feel sick with the symptoms and it's almost 24 hours later. It's not as bad as it was yesterday, but it's not fun.

My plan of action is to keep on taking ibuprofen to help with the headache, and pepto bismol for the nausea, and some dramamine for the dizzyness.

Anyone know if there is something more I could do to get through this faster?

My Blog
Deviantart Page

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 9:17 am

stardraigh wrote:
Anyone know if there is something more I could do to get through this faster?

Nope. My experience has been that it takes 3-5 days for alcohol to fully leave my system. Hopefully your bad symptoms will go away before then. The ibuprofen and pepto-bismol sounds good; the dramamine I know nothing about.

Congrats, though, on finding out that alcohol is the culprit, because it is so easily avoided.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 11:26 am

Water.

Lots of pure water.

And DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN ON TOP OF ALCOHOL. It can cause liver damage, read the package.

If you have a headache, take aspirin. I recommend BC, because it's super fast, but some people can't swallow powders, so a buffered tablet might be easier.

And lots of water. You want something out of your system, flush it out.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 11:27 am

Dramamine is usually used for sea-sickness but can be used to treat vertigo and dizzyness. I used to take it as a child after I'd get an ear infection and be dizzy for a while afterwards.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2014, 7:49 pm

it might be the level of the alcohol rather than the fact its alcohol thats causing the problem,thats a strong beer.
am on nearly 2000 mg of tegretol for epilepsy and behavioral reasons; and tegretol is classed as a mood stabilizer as well, probably have about three glasses of southern comfort whiskey & cherry coke or redbull a week [one a day] theyre five per cent alc per drink,am not allowed to take them until at least one hour before or after having had ANY medication;that was the doctors advice to support staff.

it might be worth having a chat with the doctor as they will recommend what is safest.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!