Do you ever have periods in your life with no thirst/hunger?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2014, 3:56 pm

I'm experiencing this right now, which is weird because usually I have a bit of each. I'm wondering if this is happening to due extreme stress in my life right now, or something else.

47x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2014, 6:56 am

Oh, hello. I'm just going through this myself. It's gotten so bad currently that I'm shaking a bit. Currently my diet is water, apples and the odd sandwich. I have no interest in other foods.

I hate this feeling, I wish it would go away. I want to be strong and eat well and be able to work out better.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 2:45 pm

yeah high stress does that to me. can go for days without feeling hunger, even the thought of food is repulsive. can't say I don't feel thirst though. booze used to help.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2014, 3:45 pm

stressful times make me not want food. also when i got my orthodontic rubber bands i was okay with not eating as much as i used to, but soon after i stopped caring.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Chalina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Aug 2014, 3:34 pm

I've had this happen a few times over the last 18 years. It is like the digestive system shuts down and I could drink milk based drinks and perhaps a yoghurt and fruit juice.

Would last about 10 days and then return to normal.

Angeniniabi
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2014, 11:58 am

I also get like that especially when stressed. Can go till 18:00 before I think about eating. And then not because I feel hungry, but rather because I get a bit shaky and maybe headachy or irritable. Normally it will be my husband who then asks me if I've had something to eat yet. Currently also in it. Normally starts to eat more once I get too thin so I don't worry too much. I see it as a way of my body self regulating. Once I get hungry earlier in the day I eat more for a few days and then things return to normal baseline again.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

22 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm

I did when I was really busy, stressed about something, obsessed with something I didn't want to take a break from, anxious, or depressed.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition