Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

zebu2372
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm

Does anyone have experience of the American Gut Project or spin-offs around the world? They seem to be quite interested in what is going on in the microbiome of ASD people in particular. I'm especially interested in taking part due to some other issues that might be related such as acne (I'm male and 32, so this is unusual), but I'm not sure about what might happen next - they make it quite clear that the results can't be used (at least not directly) as a basis for recommending any subsequent treatment, but presumably if the result shows that the gut has been colonised by bad bacteria and/or is lacking in something that should be there, that would be cause for some sort of intervention (possibly after retesting if greater certainty is needed to diagnose).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2016, 5:16 pm

I've never heard of this project, but I have had miraculous success in treating my ASD symptoms by drastically altering my gut bacteria. I've been sharing my story here on these forums for the last few years. Most people here don't believe me, but that hasn't changed that I've changed for the better and am living an infinitely happier, healthier, wealthier life for it.