Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 10:06 am

every evening and night i am full of gas and it is becoming annoying.
i have gas whatever i eat - and even if i dont eat at all i still get gas.
i have tried chewing my food slowly and not gulping anything down only you cant help having a little bit off gas go down with your food but i do a burp or a few burps after i eat anyway which does relieve me so i dont see why i have to suffer bloating and gas in the bowels later on
we have a table i sit at so i dont sit hunched over or anything
but i still get gas even if i DONT eat! i dont drink carbonated drinks i only really drink water or tea when at home

i do have over the counter indigestion tablets which soak up the gas but i'm not sure if it's bad to take them every day or not, though i would if i could

anyone know why i am always full of gas? each time i fart it doesn't relieve it and it gets trapped too so i have to rub my belly which helps me break wind but it often a rotten egg smell.

is this normal to get this much gas whatever i eat?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2018, 10:21 am

A very common problem is lactose intolerance and the prevalence of milk and cheese in many diets.

Do you still have problems if you eat Chinese food, which usually doesn't have any dairy products?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 12:12 am

Many autistics suffer from gut dysbiosis (medical fact) & chances are pretty good that you have an intestinal yeast infection/overgrowth. Google "candidiasis," and "candida diet," for info. Intestinal cleanses (high volume enemas) also help.

I know because I used to have similar problems for most of my life. But I've learned and done all of these things, and continue to, and now very rarely have gas.

Pjscrab
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2018, 12:50 am

Or H pylori overgrowth or something. It could be that the bacteria is off balance. Or you could be starting IBS. Did you try eliminating foods that seem to make it worse? Sometimes you could be allergic to staples in your diet that you never had a problem with. I was diagnosed with a lot of food allergies after I had intolerance/sensitivity to my staples. I had to change my whole diet pattern to get rid of the sensitivities.

Your neurodiverse score: 107/200
Your neurotypical score: 135/200

You seem to have both ND and NT traits.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2018, 11:05 am

i dont think its lactose intolerant, as the only thing that does calm my stomach is milk/milkshake or yoghurt and also bread helps soak up acid too

when i was younger i literally hardly ever farted.,it was only about mid-30s i started to produce more gas and now its worse

i went to the doctors a few days ago and she diagnosed me with ibs although my bowel habits are rather normal i hardly ever get constipated or loose, i just get gassy at evening/bed times, but but not so much during the day

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Aug 2018, 7:36 pm

I started becoming gassy a couple years ago even thou nothing in my diet or my meds changed. I talked to my doc & later another doc about it & they thought the problems were related to constipation. I've been irregular all my life & I started having constipation issues when the gas started. They recommended that I get more fiber & they prescribed a stool softener. That helped with the constipation but I'm still gassy. I tried a probiotic & that didn't do anything.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2018, 3:59 am

no roommates, no problem :mrgreen: [as long as there is no "leakage" :oops: ]
seriously, giving up refined carbs seems to have muted much of my flatulent output :idea: