Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2008, 12:25 pm

I watch the occasional tennis matches on TV, mostly during one of the Grand Slams, but I think they should carry more doubles matches, because the team factor adds another dimension to the game. With the plethora of sports channels out there now, it doesn't make sense that there isn't more of a place for doubles tennis. In a similar vein, I think more people would watch golf if there were more match-play tournaments, or doubles events, or Modified Stableford Scoring System events: something to differentiate one tournament from another. What do you think?

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2008, 5:18 am

Which grand slam would that be? My favourite is Roland Gaross because of the longer rallies, and less serve and volley play. I dont know about doubles though, there never seems to be any atmosphere during those matches, maybe its because the arenas are empty.

As far as golf is concerned I get your point. Maybe thats the reason so many people seem to enjoy the Ryder Cup (which is happening now). The galleries are full and the competition is intense (both of which seem to peter out during the usual golf season).