Any dedicated bodybuilders/powerlifters here?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jan 2009, 8:16 am

Come in and say hi! I'm currently clean bulking to 160lbs at 5'3".. 130 now! I have many months to grow hehe... and don't you guys love eating? I can chomp down 2500 cals total and not even have to worry about fat gain and later when I gain weight I'll eat even more! MWhahaha

Wurzel
Raven
Raven

23 Jan 2009, 9:04 pm

I've been weightlifting for 9 years. I lucked out and found the best trainer in the world who showed me what exercises to do, how to cycle everything correctly, how to wrap knees before squats, how to count protein grams, etc.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2009, 5:12 am

right on that's awesome Wurzel! I wish I could afford a personal trainer, especially a great one! I'm about to go lift myself... Just bought some creatine and nitric oxide enhancers... First time cycle wish me luck! :) Just incase you might want to learn more, check out bodybuilding.com. It's where I learned most of what I know. They've got a helpful forum there too.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 7:37 pm

I've incorporated weightlifting in my workout for years.

Zeller
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jan 2009, 3:26 am

I wouldn't go so far to say I'm a dedicated bodybuilder or anything of the sort but I do lurk quite a bit on the Bodybuilding.com forums. Currently on a cut. At 210 right now started at 230... got a ways to go before I can experience the joys of a bulk. I've always wanted to try a NO Booster let me know how you like it.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2009, 5:00 am

Zeller wrote:
I wouldn't go so far to say I'm a dedicated bodybuilder or anything of the sort but I do lurk quite a bit on the Bodybuilding.com forums. Currently on a cut. At 210 right now started at 230... got a ways to go before I can experience the joys of a bulk. I've always wanted to try a NO Booster let me know how you like it.
Hey, right on for you Zeller. That's exactly how I started out, and I still frequent the forums daily.. It's a great place to learn. NO boosters, eh.. So far I've used hemodraulix, nanox9 (DO NOT WANT), and today I used a serving of superpump 250. I found superpump didn't do a thing for me, except give me a mild caffeine buzz which went away 20 or so minutes later. MY vascularity was actually not flaring, which is unusual when I'm working out since I tend to get veins popping everywhere. The bicep pump was nice though, while doing various bicep lifts. Dunno if it was because of the superpump, I did push myself hard like all workouts I do. I also didn't sleep barely at all which could be another reason it didn't stimulate me like it claims. I was tired. Didn't eat right today either.... So far they have not done very much... But I still have lots of samples to try out so I'll keep you informed. I am going to use shock therapy or white flood tomorrow for my chest/tris day. Hopefully it'll help out.

I think if I were on a cut myself it would be of more use... for not only pushing yourself harder but preserving muscle while on a cut.

HerroPrz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2009, 2:53 pm

I work out literally everyday for about 2 hours....i am 6'2 and currently at 225 at 9%...I am also a diabetic which adds even more difficulty to me being a hard gainer anyway..I eat as much as I can all day and shoot for about 5000 calories although often I fall short (my main struggle ATM).

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2009, 3:51 am

I used one serving of white flood tablets (8pills) earlier. I'm not sure if it helped, but I did increase my bench by 10 lbs, have a good pump in my chest right now too. Every muscle in my upper body is PUMPED and I expect a big aesthetic improvement when I heal. Focus seemed improved. I barely noticed fatigue, infact I don't even feel tired right now and I did a lot of chest work and tri work today. I also worked on my deltoids and shoulders. No increased vascularity, but muscles are harder from pump. Todays workout was pretty damn good but I still am not sure if white flood was the reason. Now all I have to do is eat about 2000 more calories within 4-5 hours... ugh. I never thought I'd say this, but gaining healthy weight is so much harder than losing it..

Edit: It seems my heart rate is over reacting at the moment. This was not an issue while I was working out. This does contain some stimulants, so it is to be expected and I do not consider the increased heart rate to be a nuisance, it's just different.

beef_bourito
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2009, 10:41 am

i used to do a lot of weights and i really enjoy lifting but lately i haven't done any. i did weights once or twice a week during the summer, which is a bit odd for rowing but it actually did help my power a bit. i started lifting regularly in grade 11, more in grade 12, lifted a lot in first year uni, but the last two years my focus has been on cardio.

right now my aerobic fitness is what needs the most improvement. my anaerobic isn't bad and my power is more than enough for a person my weight. a good rule of thumb for rowing is that you should be able to produce 8-11 X weight (in kg) in watts. i.e. if you're a lightweight, 72.5kg, you should be able to produce 580-800watts. i don't really lose power when i cut weight (i actually find i can produce more because i'm generally more fit when i'm leaner) but at around 75kg i can produce 775watts, which is over 10X my weight.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2009, 4:11 am

Took a packet of shock therapy just now.. Tasted good, was grape flavored. 10 minutes into it I feel AMPED! Gonna workout in 20-35 minutes from now. Feeling fiendish for workouts.. Seriously want to lift... I feel on top of the world, very serious eyes, alert, in focus, I can barely wait! I got a different look in my eye, with only one thing in mind!

I think tonight I will do dead lifts first, probably 8 sets, take a 2 minute break, then i think I'll do bench press, some dumbell bicep hammer curls sets, and glose grip barbell curls today... Doin' it big tonight. Just got a new olympic barbell, and some F'ing awesome rubber plates. All the weights I have together go to 500.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2009, 4:18 am

Ya know, this increased mental focus is feeling like serious business. I wonder if some of these ingredients in shock therapy could help with autistic minds and those alike in the education system.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2009, 4:27 am

yea im going to go crazy today. I think after deadlifts I'm going to do weighted crunches and twists on decline bench. and if my forearms have anything left in them ill do hanging leg raises and twists. If my back isn't dead from dead lifts I'll definitely do weighted side bends. I haven't really done anything this week other than squats. So I guess today is the day to make up for lost time. im getting impatient. My itunes wont open quick enough for me to sync some songs.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Feb 2009, 6:45 am

Added 5 lbs to bench. 10 to deadlift. stayed the same for bicep work. Could only do 2 sets weighted crunches and twists because of lower back. Forearms were too worked to do more than 1 set each of hanging leg raises/twists. I think I did good though. Now drinking milk, 48 g whey protein sup, and a third of a gatorade for post workout meal.. I feel pretty good...

Zeller

09 Feb 2009, 12:27 pm

Sounds like a damn solid workout. Good job! How long did the shock therapy last? Were there any side effects to it? The closest I've taken is rocket fuel and it's pretty much just an energy supp that lasted about an hour and a half and left me with a pretty bad headache afterwards. Also where'd you pick up the Bumper plates and how expensive were they? I really miss squating/deadlifts and would rather not deal with a gym again. My garage is pretty spacious so I do all my workouts there now. Thanks in advance.

Heartcooksbrain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2009, 1:24 am

Zeller wrote:
Sounds like a damn solid workout. Good job! How long did the shock therapy last? Were there any side effects to it? The closest I've taken is rocket fuel and it's pretty much just an energy supp that lasted about an hour and a half and left me with a pretty bad headache afterwards. Also where'd you pick up the Bumper plates and how expensive were they? I really miss squating/deadlifts and would rather not deal with a gym again. My garage is pretty spacious so I do all my workouts there now. Thanks in advance.
Thanks man!... I can't tell you how long the shock therapy lasted. All I do know is that it lasted the duration of the workout which was about an hour and 5 minutes long. It's definitely the best sup I've tried, I have been taking creatine too which seems to help heal me a little faster (I stay sore for long times) so even a day helps. Side effects? Well, I have a elevated heartbeat naturally, so I try to lay off anything that will increase it after the workout. As long as I stay cool things are okay and the little extra beats go away within an hour. I don't know if that applies to you.

I picked up the bumper plates at sears. They're "Weider" brand bumper plates, and I bought their 300lb set, 45 lb olympic bar and calipers included for about 300 bucks in total. GREAT deal if you ask me and I hear they occasionally have sales on the sets. The single bumper plates are expensive, even from weider! That's why I bought the set. I bought two 45lb, and two 5lbs before getting the set and it cost me 180 bucks. I was like "0_o Wow....."

warface
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2009, 11:56 am

I've been following the Rippletoe starting strength programme since last summer, the results are great.