Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 11:10 pm

I was given xanax for my pannic atacks but i dont know when i am having a panic attack.

Right now i cant sleep cause i feel anxious I feel needy and clingy and am trying to distract myself from my thoughts. i feel dizy and cant think straight. am i having a panic attack?

I am not hyperventilating, but then i wasn't when i admitted myself to the er last week either. that's where they told me i was having a panic attack.

need advice asap! thanks.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 11:54 pm

The dizzy, anxious and can't sleep sound like it could be a panic attack. In any case, if you've been prescribed Xanax it's okay for you to take it now even if this isn't a full-blown panic attack... it sounds like you are really anxious and it would help. BUT I am not a doctor and if you're really unsure you should call the emergency room or your pharmacist or someone.

I really hope you feel better soon.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:05 am

Thanks for the advice. i took a half of one hopefully it will help me get calm enough to sleep.

I'm feeling kinda hopeless right now. i have way to much on my plate. my mom is dying she is going into hospice this week. I have a lump in my breast and have to see a breast surgeon this happening a year after my mom went into remission for stage 3 breast cancer.

I am supposed to be heloing my mom right now but i just cant seem to do it. i feel so tired . I have never been able to do much and just takign care of myself is a full time job for me.

add on keeping the house clean and dust free to help my moms breathing, obligations to family and friends, and going to my doctors and therapist i just cant seem to do it all.

we got a letter from the morgage company left on our door step so we will be losing the house soon. and i am just so over whelmed.

where am i goign to live how will i cope with my mom gone, how do i keep up with the social stuff so i dont isolate.

its just hard you know?

I wish i could do more to help my mom. i wish i wasn't brekign down like this, she needs me! I really really want to be there for her. i worry when she dies i will carry the guilt for the rest of my life for not takign better care of her. but i just cant seem to do it. i can barely take care f myself.

oh i am so tired! stressed and overwhelmed!

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:08 am

venting helps me cope so thanks for listening.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:23 am

Oh I'm so so sorry about everything that is happening to you now. It must be unbelievably difficult seeing your mom in her illness. It sounds like you have so much going on.

I am certain your mom knows you are doing absolutely the best job you can in taking care of her now. Please don't feel guilty. I bet your mom doesn't want you to.

Anyway if you want to talk more about this you can feel free to PM me. Maybe I can think of a way to make things somewhat less stressful for you as you go through all off this horribly stressful stuff.

I hope you are feeling less anxious now in any case.

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:30 am

I agree with purchase. You are doing everything you can to help her, along with dealing with your own life, which is a full-time job on its own and, in reality, all you should have to deal with. I'm sure she appreciates everything you are doing and does not want you to feel guilty or stressed.

You can PM me also if you like. I haven't written much because I know you have a lot on your plate now, but I'm still here if you do want to talk.

Sending good thoughts your way. :) Take care.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 12:40 am

Ask your doctor what symptoms the xanax is supposed to treat and take it in the instances when you are having those symptoms. Also, you should ask what is the maximum dosage you can take in a day (assuming you can take it daily).

DeadCow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Mar 2011, 4:18 pm

Xanax makes me fall asleep.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 11:34 am

Thank you conundrum and purchase. i will pm you both if i feel the need to vent about this in the future. I am doing a bit better now. trying to take it eazy and take care of myself. whall trying to take care of my mom too.

Thanks conundrum for always being there for me i really do appreciate it your a good friend!

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2011, 3:48 pm

You're welcome honey. Take care. :)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17