Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

LarHadCol
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2016, 12:32 pm

Hello,,, I'm considering getting assessed for OCD.
brief history: I'm diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety, though I like to say just GAD because that's like anxiety in everything. I have pretty severe depression features psychotic symptoms as well.

why am I considering this?
this year after experiencing what appeared to be UTI like symptoms, frequent urge to urinate, (tested negative and antibiotics did not work), Cranberry juice reduced it, at maximum I went to the toilet over20x in a 7hr period, though I felt the urge to pee every 4 minutes. that urination rate occurred for 2 months and is reduced when at home not in public situations. I felt disabled wasn't able to focus in school, considered suicide.

luckily I've reduced it to this I have a urination schedule now when I MUST GO :
8.05|8.30|9.00|9.30|10.00|10.30|11.00|11.20|11.50|12.20|12.50/1.10|1.40|2.35|2.50 -this is when I'm out in public, at home its a bit reduced at least every hour, I'm not too fixated with that.
there was this lady who had a similar problem she took I think it was Escitalopram which was I quote 'cured' her of her urination problem.

Info that could be useful:
when I was younger I had a massive worries that my phone was going to ring in public. therefore when I had a Samsung I would always make sure it was on silent and the volume was zero and I would take the battery out everyday before school. I have an iPhone now meaning I cant take the battery out therefore I make sure that the ringer is silent, the do not disturb is on, the volume is zero and I make sure to plug in my headphones.

SHOULD I TRY TO GET A DIAGNOSIS?
or would this be AnxDepress (anxiety and depression combo). I'm undergoing CBT but its hard to focus