Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 3:48 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I'm pretty sure you would know that something was wrong. Also, other people would probably be able to tell that you were more than just a little pequliar. Go to a psychiatrist if you think there's something like that wrong with you. They can probably put your fears to rest pretty easily.

Most people with it don't even know they have it. They think everything is real and find it hard to believe they are sick. They even stop taking their medicine thinking they don't need it anymore.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 3:52 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I used to be a hypochondriac. That extended to many mental disorders. My therapist told me that people who are seriously crazy have no idea they are. They are absolutely sure they are normal and right and everybody else is wrong. So, if you suspect you are crazy, you probably aren't. You are just normally concerned.

Sometimes I think I have a very mild case of it or just the tendencies. I once thought I was going crazy until I saw A beautiful Mind and one time as an adult I thought I was having an ectopic pregnancy because I was cramping on one side and had to get an ultra sound to be reassured I was not having one.

I swear this illness must be some form of OCD and anxiety because people with it can't stop obsessing about having something they don't even have and they get so worried about it and stressed out about something they don't even have.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 4:47 am

There's another thread on it down the page, here it is:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt198403.html